What goes with porcupine meatballs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tomato sauce and cabbage (sliced, sauteed with onion), which would be an inside out cabbage roll...
or
brown gravy?
with:
crusty bread
choice of veggie, like green beans

Diced and fried potatoes with crisp crumbled bacon and a green salad with sweet onion,tomatoes and avocado
kadesma

they are just meatballs with rice in them (rice sticks out and looks like a porcupine)

They already have a starch with the rice and don't need anything else heavy, so perhaps two vegetable sides: In the midwest I've seen them served awash in a simple, non-Italian tomato sauce and with succotash (peas, diced carrots and lima beans), and stewed greens (spinach, kale or poke salad).

They already have a starch with the rice and don't need anything else heavy, so perhaps two vegetable sides: In the midwest I've seen them served awash in a simple, non-Italian tomato sauce and with succotash (peas, diced carrots and lima beans), and stewed greens (spinach, kale or poke salad).

That's what I was thinking. (the under lined part) Your idea sounds good. I'll add them to next months menu.

Thanks everybody!!! :)

I agree about the starch thing, but they just taste sooo good w/the garlicky tomato sauce, meatballs and mashed potatoes. Is that a starch faux pas? Maybe, but it's awfully good!!

cabbage and tomato, stir fried... Nice side for the meatballs.
Get the oil hot, stir fry the cabbage first, add the tomato for the last minute.
Season with basil, salt, pepper and a touch of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.

cabbage and tomato, stir fried... Nice side for the meatballs.
Get the oil hot, stir fry the cabbage first, add the tomato for the last minute.
Season with basil, salt, pepper and a touch of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.

ooo thats good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom