"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Certified Cake Maniac

What Goodness is on your Friday table? March 7th

I am making meatloaf. I bought large packs of beef and pork which I will be grinding together to make several loaves. I will cook one today with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions topped with mushroom gravy. The others will be put in the freezer raw for future meals.

TB loves meatloaf sandwiches so I slice up leftovers and freeze in single serving portions.

What are you planning for tonight?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am making meatloaf. I bought large packs of beef and pork which I will be grinding together to make several loaves. I will cook one today with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions topped with mushroom gravy. The others will be put in the freezer raw for future meals.

TB loves meatloaf sandwiches so I slice up leftovers and freeze in single serving portions.

What are you planning for tonight?
I notice your meatloaf is, of course, gluten-free. How is the texture? What's the texture like when the single servings thaw? Stirling and I love meatloaf sammies too.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

SO found a recipe for pistachio curry chicken in a Stop & Shop booklet and thought it would be tasty so I'm making that for dinner tonight. I'm also make bulgar pilaf and baby spinach sautéed with olive oil and garlic.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I made DH a sandwich for lunch consisting of the Armour experimental chicken breast bacon ranch lunchmeat from DH's brother's company, cooked on the griddler, along with aged cheddar, sliced avocado, lettuce, mustard and mayo. I really hope this meat will be offered to the public at some point, it's delicious. And filling. We have half a sandwich and some leftover turkey chili to finish tonight.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Executive Chef

We're going out for a Friday night fish fry. The debate is local restaurant specials vs local VFW.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
Master Chef

I made Sausage bread today so several slices of that and over easy eggs to be dipped in will be dinner.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Master Chef

Ooo, sausage bread sounds evilly delicious msmofet!

This Jury of One is out on the finished dinner entree today. I defrosted langostinos. Perhaps Chinese something over rice. Perhaps a lemon sauce with asparagus or a mascarpone sauce with mushrooms, either of those over pasta. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes. I'd ask Himself if he has a preference, but his answer will be "whatever". He's no help...
Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Ooo, sausage bread sounds evilly delicious msmofet!

This Jury of One is out on the finished dinner entree today. I defrosted langostinos. Perhaps Chinese something over rice. Perhaps a lemon sauce with asparagus or a mascarpone sauce with mushrooms, either of those over pasta. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes. I'd ask Himself if he has a preference, but his answer will be "whatever". He's no help...
Thank you.

PSSSST what about lobster sauce?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
Master Chef

Sure msm, throw another suggestion into my pot! However, I'm not a big fan of lobster sauce. And I probably don't have all the ingredients anyway. Since I'm the cook in this house I'm guessing it's not an option.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #10
Master Chef

Fried haddock and macaroni salad.