What have you eaten Monday 8/20/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was coffee yogurt.
Lunch was rotisserie chicken, stuffed grape leaves, feta cheese, bow tie pasta salad and sesame noodles.

lunch_082018_IMG_4750.jpg

I am roasting a turkey (the free one we got for Easter) for dinner because I need to get it out of the freezer.

For lunch we had lobster rolls on Cape Cod with our friends and leftovers for dinner at home. I had some leftover smoked pork chops I made into a sandwich and SO had orange chicken.

Cereal with Almond milk, one scrambled egg
BLT Lettuce wraps
Spaghetti with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden(with a bit of pancetta and garlic thrown in there)

Attachments

• 39588850_258580714764374_6375074864314712064_n.jpg
    39588850_258580714764374_6375074864314712064_n.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I went rogue tonight, and cooked without a net.

I sautéed some mutant peppers from my garden, and some garlic in a mix of olive oil and butter. I added some shrimps, and Casarecce pasta, which I had never heard of, but got it for a good price at COSTCO. At the end, I added fresh basil and oregano from my garden.

Wow! I actually hit a home run tonight. I loved it. I wish I could do that every time.

CD

Attachments

• Pasta-8-20-18-001.jpg
    Pasta-8-20-18-001.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 190
Breakfast was two scrambled eggs with fresh snipped chives, and a mango.

Mid afternoon meal was a platter of blueberries, watermelon, cherry tomatoes, peanut butter and celery, 2 hard cooked eggs, and a lot of iced tea with lemon wedges. And a handful of tortilla chips. :)

Dinner was a grilled ham and cheese on rye and more iced tea.

Tomato juice for brunch, ribeye steak for tea with garlic sauce. Roast potatoes pumpkin parsnip. Home made gravy.

Russ

Now we're supposed to list everything we ate? :ermm: By the time I get online, I don't remember if I even ate breakfast or lunch! :LOL: Besides, we still have ongoing threads for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks. If I ever thought of posting in them, at least I might be stopping by closer to when I ate the food. :mrgreen:

We had leftovers for dinner. I did make salads tonight - a really big one for myself. That way I could scatter chunks of leftover tuna on top so I could get rid of the tuna. ;) Had a few Ritz crackers with Smucker's peanut butter for "dessert", followed by a couple of squares of 83% cacao chocolate...for its health benefits, of course. Ooo, maybe I should have mentioned that in the Dessert thread...:huh:

Tonight's Dinner
Greek-style Salads with grilled Chicken

IMG_3800.jpg

My salad, had greens ...

IMG_3804.jpg

DH prefers simply chopped veggies,
both with crumbled Feta cheese (the nice firm kind :yum:),
Kalamata and, what are they called? (hang on let me do a search...)
Castelvetrano Green Italian Olives, I think that's right... nice and buttery, delicious, oh man.
I put down a small bowl of Trader Joe's Pita Crackers
to help scoop up each bite ;) YUM!

I think we'll skip dessert tonight,
but then I have 2 more parfait dishes of Jello in the `fridge :yum:

MsM often starts threads beginning from breakfast in the "Today's Menu" thread. :) I'm happy to view her posts and reply to them, even though they may not fall into the exact categories of breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. :)

Last edited:
Last night's dinner was Roast turkey, stuffing (with onion, celery and baby bellas added), steamed cauliflower & broccoli, mashed potatoes and gravy.

turkey_082018_IMG_4761.jpg

turkey_dinner_082018_IMG_4762.jpg

Thank you JJ and JC.

It was really good. And love the sandwiches. I love thanksgiving and the fixings. And the pies!

Back
Top Bottom