What have you eaten Monday February 19, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We made and American Italian dish. The kid beg for pasta and since this recipe wasn't drowned in cheese , it sounded good to us. Pasta bake with meatballs , the pasta bake was creamy and the meatballs juicy had this lovely crust. I did how ever remove the 1/4 cup sugar from the recipe, I cant see how ready made pasta sauce ( got a jar for free) needs to be sweeter.

We had a pot roast tonight. I used a boneless couch roast and served it with veggies over mashed potatoes.
Boneless couch roast? :huh: I've never heard of such a beast. Were the mashed made from couch potatoes, perhaps?

Since the soup only needed heating, I decided rye bread would be nice go-with. Fired up the bread machine in the "dough" setting, and finished off in the oven.

Behold, Mom's Ham and Bean Soup with rye bread. Perfect for a cool (mid-40s) and rainy day.

Attachments

• 20180219_210007.jpg
    20180219_210007.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 93
Was supposed to be beef bourguignon but, the grocery list person forgot to put down pearl onions so, I'm making a Pressure Pot stew.. Serving over wide noodles... Green salad and dinner rolls go with it..

Peach pie for later..

Ross

Perfect taste, if not a perfect pic.. ;)

Attachments

• 20180219_193237.jpg
    20180219_193237.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 99
Boneless couch roast? :huh: I've never heard of such a beast. Were the mashed made from couch potatoes, perhaps?...

Gotta love auto correct! Boneless chuck roast, of course.

I use Herbes de Provence in this recipe but saw that I ran out. Searched everywhere - no luck. So I asked Google what for the components of HdP and guesstimated the amounts into the pot.

Turned out fine.

On one of our recent semi-yearly trips to Amish country in Pennsylvania, we stopped by a farmer's market (a real one, actually run by the families of local farmers) and bought their dried Herbs de Provence blend. Again, all locally and organically grown.

It was fantastic! We put it on a lot of things, but our faves seem to be in a compound butter for fish, or blended into sour cream to go on baked spuds. It's so good.

Then, the last time we went back, the market was gone. No info if they will open again. No more HdP.

So the remaining half cup or so of the blend is now a prized posession in my house. We all jealously fight over not using too much because there will probably be more after it runs out.

I even snuck a few pinches and hid them away 8n the back of the highest cabinet in the kitchen in a container labelled dried corn smut.

I hope no one takes a liking to dried corn smut.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom