What have you eaten Monday February 19, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Steak, black beans and rice.

Cooked the beans in the Instant Pot. Bacon, onion, garlic, beef broth and dry beans (UNSOAKED). Cooked 40 minutes. Firm to the bite (al dente') but not crunchy.

black_beans_rice_steak_021918_IMG_3673.jpg

Last edited:
What have we eaten so far today? For lunch we had the delicious leftover Tomato Soup from last night and tonight we'll be having Zuppa Toscana..just about my favorite soup. I'll also make some Red Lobster cheese biscuits to go with it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll make something chewable. Ha.

What have you eaten ... ?

Breakfast at Lone Spur1.jpg

DH needed to go to the doctor's office early
this morning, so we decided to go out to breakfast.
One of our favorite places...
I order the same thing every time,
Cowboy Benedict.
Biscuit topped with Ham Steak,
basted egg and Sausage Country Gravy.
Half order please, with Hash Browns
rather than Home Fries, thank you.

So... that's it for today, I'm still full :LOL:

Well not everyone cooks every day. BUT most people eat every day. :chef:

I thought I already posted here, but must have messed it up.

I am making a bacon-cheddar burger tonight, probably with a side of fries.

CD

Was supposed to be beef bourguignon but, the grocery list person forgot to put down pearl onions so, I'm making a Pressure Pot stew.. Serving over wide noodles... Green salad and dinner rolls go with it..

Peach pie for later..

Ross

What have you eaten ... ?

.., so we decided to go out to breakfast.
One of our favorite places...
I order the same thing every time,
Cowboy Benedict.
Biscuit topped with Ham Steak,
basted egg and Sausage Country Gravy.
Half order please, with Hash Browns
rather than Home Fries, thank you.

So... that's it for today, I'm still full :LOL:

K-Girl, I soooo copied your CowBoy Benedict into the menu section of my recipe files to remember this. Looks stellar for breakfast or dinner.

I'm having cold meatloaf slices with horseradish ( already had my sandwich allotment for lunch), leftover cooked carrots and a double handful of fried frozen corn.

Honey mustard Chicken roll w/swiss & ham.

39817-albums960-picture7222.jpg
[/IMG]

Roch...I would dearly love to sit down to such a labor intensive meal. Good on you!
Thanks..I ended up biting more off than I could chew(bad pun). The pasta dough made 30 ravioli so I froze 20. I simmered the sauce and the sausage while I was cursing my way through the ravioli..the beer helped temper things down a bit.:LOL:

Last edited:
DH needs comfort food as we prepare to leave for MI (see the Sick Room thread), and I wanted to diminish the leftovers. So I heated up leftover meatloaf from yesterday and made macaroni and cheese and braised green beans and roasted red peppers to go alongside.
0219182003c.jpg

I want some of Roch's homemade strawberry sauce over ice cream! :ohmy::yum:

This afternoon's dinner was chili over a baked potato, topped with grated cheddar and chopped green onions.

Have you posted this recipe anywhere? Hint. It looks fantastic.
Very basic. Chop up about a lb of strawberries, and add about 2/3 of them to a pot. Reserve 1/3. Slowly cook them down, they will start to sizzle a bit but soon the juice will come out and they will get saucy..add 1/4 cup sugar, cap of vanilla and pinch of salt..simmer for 10 minutes while mushing it up with a fork..add the remaining strawberries and simmer another 5 minutes..add more sugar if it isn't sweet enough for you..refrigerate...

Very basic. Chop up about a lb of strawberries, and add about 2/3 of them to a pot. Reserve 1/3. Slowly cook them down, they will start to sizzle a bit but soon the juice will come out and they will get saucy..add 1/4 cup sugar, cap of vanilla and pinch of salt..simmer for 10 minutes while mushing it up with a fork..add the remaining strawberries and simmer another 5 minutes..add more sugar if it isn't sweet enough for you..refrigerate...
Thank you RL.

Back
Top Bottom