What have you eaten Sunday 2/17/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner will likely be Italian Heroes, Thumans potato salad and Wise Sour cream & onion ridgie chips.

It’s 10:30am, and I haven’t eaten anything yet, LOL! But my bagels are cooling, and I made an awesome shmear for them. Cream cheese, a bit of sour cream, prepared horseradish, diced onion, toasted and ground black pepper, fennel seeds, and yellow mustard seeds.

Just finished a couple backyard fried eggs (I gave my friend who raises them a bunch of egg cartons and she gave me a whole dozen!) with toast and grapes, coffee and lemonade. Not sure what dinner will be.

We had our Sunday Morning glorified bagels and lox while watching the Sunday Morning show. It's a ritual.

I'll be making a meat loaf for dinner and thinking about using a cup of Stove Top Dressing in the meat mix. I could be on to something maybe? SC found some beautiful first of the season asparagus to roast, and I'll also roast some little red potatoes in parsley, garlic and duck fat.

Pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

Dinner, while watching the Daytona 500, will be the left over ribs and chili beans from yesterday..

I put together a banana cream pie for tonight.. Because of the darn weather, I ran out of fresh bananas.. Used some that I freeze for Jeannie's smoothies.. I hope they don't affect the setting up of the pudding I made.. If so, we will drink the pie.. :rolleyes:

Ross

Breakfast was pancakes, and here is what I posted on my "I cheated" thread about dinner tonight.

"Hello and Happy NATIONAL CABBAGE DAY everyone.

DH has a recipe from his mother (no title) using Bratwurst and Red Cabbage that he wants to make today. Will give a review tonight.

Who else is planning on clearing out the room?"

So far, no one else will admit to it. :LOL:

Italian Heroes, Thumans potato salad and Wise Sour cream & onion ridges chips.

hero_021719_IMG_5416.jpg

Breakfast was pancakes, and here is what I posted on my "I cheated" thread about dinner tonight.

"Hello and Happy NATIONAL CABBAGE DAY everyone.

DH has a recipe from his mother (no title) using Bratwurst and Red Cabbage that he wants to make today. Will give a review tonight.

Who else is planning on clearing out the room?"

So far, no one else will admit to it. :LOL:

Sounds like a good dinner. I make several good family cabbage dishes but not today.

We had our Sunday Morning glorified bagels and lox while watching the Sunday Morning show. It's a ritual.

I'll be making a meat loaf for dinner and thinking about using a cup of Stove Top Dressing in the meat mix. I could be on to something maybe? SC found some beautiful first of the season asparagus to roast, and I'll also roast some little red potatoes in parsley, garlic and duck fat.

Kay...funny that you mentioned adding Stove Top stuffing in your meat loaf as a filler. Just yesterday my daughter and I were chatting about meat loaf. She buys a box of Stove Top and stores it in a jar, adds some to her meat loaf, and makes mini meat 'loaves' in muffin tins. She adds no other seasonings, since the stuffing mix is already seasoned. They love it that way. I asked her about chopped bell peppers (which I love in meat loaf), but nobody else in her household (except my daughter), likes them so she leaves them out.

I've never tried it, so if you do, I'd love to know what you and the Sous think of it!

Last edited:
Taco salad for this afternoon's dinner. I sliced corn tortillas into strips earlier today and fried them, thawed some seasoned gr. beef that was in the freezer, chopped and prepped the veggies and cheese. Just fixin' to slightly warm the meat and throw everything together, and top with ranch dressing. :yum:

I'm making a big pot of beef-veggie soup for my master gardener class (we "perennials" feed the students dinner) tomorrow night, so we'll have some of it tonight. I'm also thawing some homemade bread and will toast it to go with the soup.

It’s 10:30am, and I haven’t eaten anything yet, LOL! But my bagels are cooling, and I made an awesome shmear for them. Cream cheese, a bit of sour cream, prepared horseradish, diced onion, toasted and ground black pepper, fennel seeds, and yellow mustard seeds.

Love the shmear, but I'm not feelin' the fennel seeds. I'm thinking garlic chives in tbat spread.

Italian Heroes, Thumans potato salad and Wise Sour cream & onion ridges chips.

View attachment 33665

Mmm, Thumann's.

More pizza here tonight. My God am I getting sick of this. I had to doctor it up to make it feel different.

So, regular ol' NYC pizza topped with shredded salami and ham, and raw onions,

Either a Linzer tart, or a blueberry crumb muffin for dessert with ice cold milk. Milk just went in the frezzer.

Hope I don't forget again...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom