What have you eaten Thursday 2/22/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, could you please come cook our scallops next time? You do such a nice job.

Another Olympic night, another lap tray supper. Himself declared dinner a gold medal winner.

Attachments

• 20180222_221839.jpg
    20180222_221839.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
Thank you for your kind comments, Kay, CG, and Bucky!

Every now and then I see some big thick beauties such as those at Albertsons, and can't pass them up. :yum: I give them a rinse, wrap them in many layers of paper towels, refrigerate them, change out the paper towels every few hours, then by the next day they are dry enough to get a nice good sear on them.

I should have bought more - I wouldn't mind having them for dinner again this afternoon. :chef::)

Lovely looking and sounding dinners here yesterday!!

Cheryl, could you please come cook our scallops next time? You do such a nice job.

Another Olympic night, another lap tray supper. Himself declared dinner a gold medal winner.

Looks delish! I've had a hankerin' for egg rolls and a skillet rice dish. :yum:

Thank you for your kind comments, Kay, CG, and Bucky!

Every now and then I see some big thick beauties such as those at Albertsons, and can't pass them up. :yum: I give them a rinse, wrap them in many layers of paper towels, refrigerate them, change out the paper towels every few hours, then by the next day they are dry enough to get a nice good sear on them.

I should have bought more - I wouldn't mind having them for dinner again this afternoon. :chef::)

Lovely looking and sounding dinners here yesterday!!
What did you season them with?

MsM, I just lightly salted them before cooking with some kosher salt, then when they were done I drizzled them with the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, and shallot blend.

MsM, I just lightly salted them before cooking with some kosher salt, then when they were done I drizzled them with the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, and shallot blend.

And paprika? Regular or smoked?

Hi Kay! I just use a little veg oil - enough to coat the bottom of the pan, but not enough to splatter. As with other proteins, and I'm sure you know this, they will let you know when it's time to flip them over when they release easily from the skillet. :)

Back
Top Bottom