What have you eaten Thursday 9/20/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We had breaded chicken cutlets Parmesan, steamed broccoli and buttered noodles (DD's cooked). No pictures

I've been craving scalloped potatoes since reading about them here recently, so I made a very small amount with one russet, some half and half that needed using, and the last of the sharp cheddar cheese and smoked gouda. For a last minute throw together dish with basically unmeasured amounts, it was delicious! :LOL:

A pan seared brat with onions, and steamed lima beans with butter were the 'sides'. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
So glad DD cooked for you tonight MsM!

I've had a one bone prime rib roast (AKA humongous Rib Eye) in the SousVide and I'll be finishing it on Wilma the searing burner. I'll steam some broccolini and I'll do a box of Betty Crocker Scalloped potatoes that are pretty darn good, but I know your potatoes were a lot better Cheryl.

Sous Chef brought home some Carrot Cake cupcakes we'll have later.

Sausage Carbonara, salad...

Attachments

• 42303747_537786000001187_9159761780199653376_n.jpg
    42303747_537786000001187_9159761780199653376_n.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 151
So glad DD cooked for you tonight MsM!

I've had a one bone prime rib roast (AKA humongous Rib Eye) in the SousVide and I'll be finishing it on Wilma the searing burner. I'll steam some broccolini and I'll do a box of Betty Crocker Scalloped potatoes that are pretty darn good, but I know your potatoes were a lot better Cheryl.

Sous Chef brought home some Carrot Cake cupcakes we'll have later.

Nothin' wrong with those boxed Betty C potatoes, Kay - I usually have a couple in the pantry. For today though, I actually followed your recipe with a few minor moderations since I had the fresh ingredients that needed used and was making such a small amount. Simmering the sliced potatoes in the milk is key to a great scalloped potato dish!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/perfect-scalloped-potatoes-83342.html

Nothin' wrong with those boxed Betty C potatoes, Kay - I usually have a couple in the pantry. For today though, I actually followed your recipe with a few minor moderations since I had the fresh ingredients that needed used and was making such a small amount. Simmering the sliced potatoes in the milk is key to a great scalloped potato dish!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/perfect-scalloped-potatoes-83342.html

It makes me happy you like that potatoes cooked in milk concept too!

CG, love the crudities plate.

The whole house is under the weather today including the cat and the dog. TB and I can't shake our ear infections and both of us had to stop our antibiotics for different reactions. Our colds are back too.

So he and I had wonton soup - I am down to only one more bag in the freezer so I guess I will be making more soon.

The cat was given only crunchies and no treats. Miley was given extra Kefir with her dinner. That should cure them...I hope.

Dinner last night was a tostado with a base of refried black beans, topped with boiled sweet potato chunks tossed in a glaze of pineapple, garlic, chipotle in adobo, plus thin sliced red cabbage, a pineapple/cilantro/garlic salsa, with a crema drizzle. It was actually very good and quite pretty but I didn't get a picture.

It's also vegetarian if you use something other than lard for the refried beans.

Back
Top Bottom