What have you got on the go for dinner Saturday May 9 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, Kayelle, those look like wonderful meals.

The fettuccine Alfredo was delicious. The blue cheese dressing improved with more garlic and anchovies as well as more sour cream and some cream to thin it a bit. There will be the rest of yesterday's gelato limoncello for dessert once we have digested a bit.

Thanks, everyone. It was delicious.

Kay, glad you started early enough and was able to re-do your Posole...it looks so good!

Taxy, I haven't had fettuccini Alfredo in quite some time. You've inspired me to make it again. I love it with shrimp. :yum:

K-girl, I was wondering where you were! Great looking meal. Good to see you back, and have a wonderful time back home in Hawaii. Stop in more often if you can. :)

That looks really delicious Cheryl! When you mentioned pork steaks earlier I got to thinking about Pac's recipe for St. Louis pork steaks. I have to do them again sometime soon. Dang, I really miss Pac!! Check it out..

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f38/st-louis-barbecued-pork-steak-85061.html

That does look and sound good! I miss Pac, too, he contributed a lot of good recipes, and I loved his sense of humor. :)

I used TJ's Island Soyaki marinade this evening and always have it on hand - if you haven't tried it, give it a try! How can you go wrong with a mix of soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, onion, and sesame seeds...? :ohmy::yum:

That does look and sound good! I miss Pac, too, he contributed a lot of good recipes, and I loved his sense of humor. :)

I used TJ's Island Soyaki marinade this evening and always have it on hand - if you haven't tried it, give it a try! How can you go wrong with a mix of soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, onion, and sesame seeds...? :ohmy::yum:

Excellent stuff Cheryl.....great for grilled chicken wings too~

Odd dinner tonight, but it was amazingly good. Had a couple of spicy lamb patties left so I made tzaziki (sp?) and stuffed it all into pita bread, along with shredded lettuce and sliced Persian cukes. Had a bag of nice WA asparagus so I steamed that and chicken fried the last of the morel haul.

I brought home a rotisserie chicken and we had that with baked beans and corn on the cob. Nothing very exciting here, and for dessert we had ice cream.

It was a long day.

Dinner for me was salad (no dressing), 3 ounces of tuna, wheat crackers, dill spear, and followed with raw peanuts and raisins.

Fajitas and cumin rice. Made a pico as a topping with chipotle sour cream. At our new place we have a mango tree. Not much of a mango fan. Two small ripe ones had fallen off so I decided to make a mango/pineapple salsa. Gave me a chance to try one of the ghost peppers. Wow!:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom