What have you got on the go for dinner Saturday May 9 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
The lads and I are playing in the kitchen today. For late lunch/early dinner I have a tossed salad of baby spring greens, black chickpeas, tomatoes, red and yello peppers, green onions (scallions), toasted walnuts, hard boiled eggs, orange segments, and blueberries. The vinaigrette is a blueberry white balsamic with EVOO, S&P. The lads are vegetarians. It is a very big salad. Thinking I should make some pita bread for them as well.

We're planning to go watch our grandson play baseball this evening. Dinner will be eating out somewhere.

Parmesan chicken topped with marinara sauce over fresh made pasta. Salad,garlic bread. Freshly made crab cakes to start it all off.

Good thing I reread this one. Almost said "crap cakes"
They just might be that if I don't pay attention.:LOL:

:ermm:
Parmesan chicken topped with marinara sauce over fresh made pasta. Salad,garlic bread. Freshly made crab cakes to start it all off.

Good thing I reread this one. Almost said "crap cakes"
They just might be that if I don't pay attention.:LOL:
:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO::angel:

An unusual combo (ready bought and quick cos I am digitalising my songs): Runny scotch eggs (superior baked scotch eggs with runny yolks), a puree of carrots mixed with swede (baked alongside), eaten with lamb's lettuce (and a bit of organic ketchup!)

:zorro:I have my dry yellow hominy par boiling right now. I'm so glad we finally found it! It will be included in the Pozole I'll be completing later in the day. Ole':yum:

Last edited:
Probably fettuccine Alfredo with salad leftover from yesterday. I'll also thin the blue cheese dressing from yesterday. It was a little heavy on the blue cheese.

Munky, if you're making "crap cakes", please leave me off the invited list, OK? :LOL:

Brats, if Himself can stand up. He's supposed to wash the sun room roof and put the screens in. I'll simmer them part-way in beer before he finishes them on the grill. IF he's too pooped, I'll let them finish cooking on the stove. We'll have pickled beets, sauerkraut, and crashed potatoes on the side...along with a fine selection of mustards!

We're going to grill a couple of pork chops and some potatoes. Not sure how I'll season them yet. DH will have the cole slaw I made the other day and I'll have a salad. I'm also going to grill some chicken legs and red bell peppers for later.

It's early, but fixin' to grill a nice pork shoulder steak that has been marinating in a soy/garlic/pineapple juice blend. I'll have that with Andy's rice pilaf, and steamed green beans with toasted pine nuts.

Last edited:
After tearing apart the kitchen sink to replace the leaky garbage disposal, the kitchen is in kind of a mess. I have the dishwasher going so we can check for leaks at all the plumbing joints. My ankle is acting up and I really didn't want to stand around the messy kitchen trying to cook. Solution? Domino's.

It's early, but fixin' to grill a nice pork shoulder steak that has been marinating in a soy/garlic/pineapple juice blend. I'll have that with Andy's rice pilaf, and steamed green beans with toasted pine nuts.

The pork steak was tender and juicy as could be, really lucked out with that one. :yum: And I'm definitely adding Andy's rice pilaf in to the meal rotation - it was light, fluffy, and delicious!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 164
Yummy, Cheryl!

We finished the rest of last night's Thai takeout. I doctored it up a bit, as it was blander than usual last night.

:zorro:I have my dry yellow hominy par boiling right now. I'm so glad we finally found it! It will be included in the Pozole I'll be completing later in the day. Ole':yum:

Well, that hominy par boil was a disaster in my good enameled cast iron pot! I haven't burned anything so badly in years. :mad: I was concerned the pot was ruined, but I boiled water and about a 1/4 cup of Dawn in it and was able to get it sparkle white again.

Glad I started this early in the day, had more hominy and was able to start over. It sure tastes good, and the pork is almost tender..

img_1421220_0_92528076a7f829a225974465cd6cd64a.jpg

Last edited:
The pork steak was tender and juicy as could be, really lucked out with that one. :yum: And I'm definitely adding Andy's rice pilaf in to the meal rotation - it was light, fluffy, and delicious!

That looks really delicious Cheryl! When you mentioned pork steaks earlier I got to thinking about Pac's recipe for St. Louis pork steaks. I have to do them again sometime soon. Dang, I really miss Pac!! Check it out..

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f38/st-louis-barbecued-pork-steak-85061.html

IMG_2055.jpg

Our 'linner' at Young's Fish Market in Kalihi, Oahu, Hawaii
We're having a HUGE lunch and foregoing dinner as we are going to
a Hawaiian music concert tonight, that I have been so waiting for!
How appropriate that we are having Hawaiian food too!
from left to right,
squid luau
kalua pig/ahi poke bowl
poi
okinawian sweet potato
kalua pig
laulau
(the two small white containers are lomi lomi salmon)
oh, and opihi too, but that didn't make the photo
... did I say, we're sharing this feast and then what we don't finish,
will be a late night snack after the concert, I'M SOOO EXCITED!

ALOHA!

Back
Top Bottom