What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using up a masala spice mix I made for popcorn on roasted pumpkin seeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had graved laks on a bagel. That's the second or third time that I am noticing that the graved laks that I make using Pacific wild caught salmon is kinda bland. Hmm At least it's used up now. I guess I'll look for wild caught Atlantic salmon for next time.

You can't get these by you, GG, but you can make a copycat version of the dip. I haven't tried this recipe because, so far, I limit my consumption of the dip to only when we're visiting the kids. One of these days I have to take a tub home - I bet it would knock the socks off of twice-baked potatoes. :yum:

Lawson's Chip Dip (copycat)

I make a really tasty, easy onion dip:
cream cheese (easiest if at room temperature)
enough yogourt or sour cream to make the texture right
lots of onion powder
dried onion pieces or flakes
a glug or two of fish sauce
let it sit for about 15 minutes

You can't get these by you, GG, but you can make a copycat version of the dip. I haven't tried this recipe because, so far, I limit my consumption of the dip to only when we're visiting the kids. One of these days I have to take a tub home - I bet it would knock the socks off of twice-baked potatoes. :yum:

I used to make dip with powdered ranch all the time - at least until I married someone who can't eat anything processed!

I have been pigging out on dark chocolate covered almonds. I got a kg of them for Christmas. But because of my chocolate addiction and that it can be a migraine trigger for me (though dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate), I gave the bag to TB and he gives me three a day!

I have also been enjoying some water crackers which we got for guests to eat with cheese and garlic sausage. We don't have many gluten products in the house so I have been enjoying a few of these a day with margarine or low fat cheese.

Well, that's interesting. I used to make basically that plus beer for a beer-cheese dip to take to parties. Haven't made it in years.

Trader Joe's Baconesque popcorn
Homemade blue cheese dip and plain Wise potato chips

A guy on one of my fish forums posted a pic of his home cured summer sausage. I asked if he would consider selling some to a nice lady in Mississippi. He absolutely refused. He offered so send me some as a gift or not at all.

It arrived Tuesday. It is wonderful. I snacked on it Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm sure I'll cut a hunk and snack on it later this evening.

Paul discovered these wonderful sugared nuts at a local store here.... we've gone on a nut eating craze. Bag after bag. So good :)

Paul discovered these wonderful sugared nuts at a local store here.... we've gone on a nut eating craze. Bag after bag. So good :)

That reminds me of when my MIL sent us a box of goodies for Christmas a few years ago. It included a package of yogurt-covered pretzels. I couldn't get enough. Found them at a wine store locally. Yum :yum:

Waffles. I got a toaster for myself for Christmas and have rediscovered Eggo buttermilk waffles. I keep thinking how delicious they are, but I'm beginning to suspect I'm just using them to eat butter.

Trader Joe's has some really good butter and now it's all gone. But so are the waffles.

Back
Top Bottom