What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trader Joe's Baconesque popcorn
Homemade blue cheese dip and plain Wise potato chips

My corner store doesn't sell Wise anymore. Maybe that's a good thing. I would be buying them every time I go in there. The only kind I like. So I settle for Pringles. Better than Lays IMO. Regular Lays has no flavor to me.

Lots of Christmas goodies. A Toblerone, some mixed nuts, flavored popcorn, Royal Dansk butter cookies, and gim. :yum:

My movie food last night, since we only have "good" food in house atm, was peanut butter mixed with honey.

I like"Chicken-in-a Biscuit" crackers to keep dinner cravings at bay. A bit salty tho.

For a serious midnight snack... a well toasted piece of bread, a slice of Kraft American Cheese on top, toaster oven broiled until the cheese puffs up, then a large warmed slice of tomato put on top, along with microwaved bacon slices.

Last edited:
went shopping. plan to do
1) coconut yogurt substitue with granola and nuts topping

also found these
2) gluten free multigrain chips-yum! (maybe slightly better than the GF pretzels)

I like"Chicken-in-a Biscuit" crackers to keep dinner cravings at bay. A bit salty tho.

For a serious midnight snack... a well toasted piece of bread, a slice of Kraft American Cheese on top, toaster oven broiled until the cheese puffs up, then a large warmed slice of tomato put on top, along with microwaved bacon slices.

I used to toast and butter an English muffin then put a dice of American cheese on top broiled in toaster oven. No tomato or bacon. No toaster oven any more either. Next time I will try it with t and b under oven broiler.

My snacks over several weeks have been cottage cheese with peaches, yogurt and Trader Joe's Baconesque popcorn.

I usually snack on a handful of mixed nuts. Sometimes I mix in dark chocolate chips and/or peanut butter chips and/or cinnamon or butterscotch chips.

The President's Choice chocolate is from France and really yummy. I'm having some walnuts with a few squares of the milk chocolate.

No tomato or bacon.

I was about 9 years old when my Navy family moved from the east coast to the west coast and had a stop over at my aunt and uncle's home in the midwest ( Iowa). She fixed some kind of stewed tomato on bread thing which I found OK, but didn't know I really liked until many years later.

My midnight snack has a mid-western stop over origin to it. :)

Last edited:
The corner grocer has some passable apricots today. :yum: I had two of those, plus a legitimate one serving of mixed nuts. Still trying to decide if my favorite from the mix is pecan or Brazil...

Almond, walnut and hazel nut. Now we have the whole bag of nuts! :LOL:

I'm not sure which I like best.

Hey, don't forget the good ol' goober pea.

I'm snacking on oreos and a giant glass of ice cold milk. Where the Chief when I need him? He and I like our milk so cold it hurts your spine as it goes down.

Hey, don't forget the good ol' goober pea.

I'm snacking on oreos and a giant glass of ice cold milk. Where the Chief when I need him? He and I like our milk so cold it hurts your spine as it goes down.

Our fridge is set to 38F. I get brain freeze often.

Ours is at 37 degrees, msm, so I've got you beat. ;)

Almond, walnut and hazel nut. Now we have the whole bag of nuts! :LOL:...
I bet you're referring to all of us on DC, right? :LOL: No? You meant real nuts? ~ You chimed in with hazel nut, so you got to it before I did. But later, after I posted this, I remembered I like to pull filberts (as we like to call them at Chez Goddess) from my pile and save them till the end...sometimes. Others it's Brazil or pecan...or cashew. :huh: Gosh, I think it would be easier to say almonds are my least favorite nut in the mixed nut bag.

Back
Top Bottom