What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snack today was supposed to be lunch/ snack and all I had was canned chicken... I made chicken salad and it was disgusting. I will never make chicken salad without a rotisserie again!

My supermarket has over in the produce dept., nuts that are broken, not so perfect, etc. in little plain packets. They are more than half the price of fancy whole nuts. I like to put them in the small FP and grind them to almost a powder. Then sprinkle on lettuce, cukes, radishes, etc. and a dressing.

Addie, I will have to try that sometime. Do you just grind what you need at the moment, or the whole package at one time?

Just a couple of tablespoons at a time. I have trouble chewing them and I can eat them with a spoon if I grind them up. I presently have four wisdom teeth trying to make their appearance. I can't believe that at 78 y.o. I am still cutting teeth. As soon as any one of them breaks through, my dentist will remove all four.

Nuts are one of those foods that have a lot of nutrition. It doesn't matter that they are already broken. I am just going to break them up even more. And they are cheaper.

I broke down and had a large vanilla milkshake from Sonic last night. But, with chasing a 2 year old and a 4 year old around this weekend it didn't make my sugar go up too much.

A couple of Snyder pretzels sandwiches with cheese. I am not impressed with them at all. Pirate can have the rest.

Bedtime snack

We have some ricotta to finish up. Cherries have been plentiful and cheap this year. I got them together, making macerated cherries with a little honey and even less red wine vinegar, a twist of salt and fresh pepper. Topped them with toasted and crushed slivered almonds. Just enough ricotta left for a couple of ricotta toasts...once I get crunchy bread in the house. I think hot dog buns wouldn't make good ricotta toast...

Attachments

• 20170717_014205.jpg
    20170717_014205.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 104
While watching "TV" on the computer last night, I chopped up a big batch of pico de gallo. Ate about a pint of it on Ritz crackers.

Gee, hasn't anyone been snacking?

DH and I went to the town square, where there was an
artists' guild fair this weekend, and as we walked around
I spied this food vendor with Bao and Potstickers.
YAY!
Sunday afternoon Dim Sum in the middle of the desert!
:clap:
They had several different choices, but my eye went
straight to the bamboo steamer basket with the
Char Siu Bao, in my world that's called Manapua.

This sweet couple and their adult daughter were working the booth,
and Mister Vendor came up to me and asked me what I would like.
I said, "You look just like my grandpa!"
he asked me what grandpa's name was and he replied,
"I usually get that I look like Jimmy Stewart".

Anyways, back to my snack...

IMG_3439.jpg

I was so excited, I asked DH to hold my bounty while I got out my camera and took a bite...

:shock::yuk::censored:

That's the second time today that I've had something
resembling canned pet food
http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...r-breakfast-lately-70240-549.html#post1522507

It hasn't been a good food day for me :glare:

1/4 cup popcorn kernels in paper lunch bag. One and a half to two minutes in microwave on high. Add salt and/or butter. Easy peasy, all natural and inexpensive. Also doesn't taste as "heavy" with whatever as bought pop in bags.

Back
Top Bottom