What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Table water crackers topped with:

Plain greek yoghurt, lox, lemon juice (my fav!)

Almond butter

Brie, Cambozola, Gorgonzola, Humboldt Fog, or other soft tangy cheese

Egg salad

Chicken salad

Plain greek yoghurt and crab with lemon juice

Plain greek yoghurt and salmon roe with lemon juice

Pate

We've been on a cheese thing for the past few years.

Between the sliced cold cut type, to the readily available stuff at most supermarkets, to artisnal chunks we come across in shops on vacation,and back to good ol' individually wrapped sticks of cheddar, I think my family has some form of cheese at least 6 days a week.

Say cheese!

I came across this snack recipe in a Toaster Oven site I'm following..
I haven't yet made it but, I think this will be a really good snack.. Picking up raw cashews on my Aldi run this week..

https://toasterovenlove.com/rosemary-cashews/

Ross
Made this today in my TO.. Used Aldi raw nut mixture of cashews, walnuts and macadamia nuts. I added granulated garlic because..garlic.
They are really good.. :yum:
Ross

I can't believe that no one is snacking...

Cherries are coming into peak season right now, so I used some to make a small batch of cherry-Bourbon sauce. Spooned it over vanilla bean ice cream, added a little drizzle of Hershey syrup, and savored every bite.
IMG_20190702_003342328_HDR.jpg

Oh, I've been snacking....just haven't thought about the snack thread, though. :LOL: Funny you should mention cherries, CG. I love them, and have gone through a couple of pounds of cherries the past 2 weeks. Just been nibbling on them by the bowlful though....your dessert looks and sounds wonderful!

Last edited:
Mmmm...love those too, pepperhead. I only have one cherry tomato plant in a container planter on the patio, but have been getting around 6-8 tomatoes per day. They are so sweet and delicious. :yum:

I made something called garlic cheese bread yesterday. It's an actual loaf of bread with herb garlic cheese in it (and an egg and flour and stuff) and it looked delicious.

I was supposed to spray the bread pan with PAM and I was out, so I used butter. Naturally, that didn't do a thing, so when I went to tip the bread out, it stuck in the pan. So I gave it a mighty shake. Then the top came off and all the insides fell out on the counter, leaving only the crust around the inside of the pan.

I ate it anyway. It was OK, but I thought I was going to taste something along the lines of Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. Anyway, as the cheese alone cost me $6, I probably won't make this again. But it was good for a snack.

Tomorrow I'm making chocolate chip cookies.

I've been snacking on one of these on different days -
1) TJ's dried tart cherries & candied pecans
2) Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds & mozzarella chunks
3) TJ's smoked cheese & saltines

Fresh from the farm, I'm enjoying a little bit of Himself's treat from the place he does his astronomy thing at in the fall. Good thing eggnog comes around just once a year - look at those calories! :shock:
IMG_20191213_172141717.jpg

I know, Kayelle! It's my favorite way to use eggnog. My preferred grocery store back home used to sell eggnog flavored coffee beans. :yum: Used to drink that black.

Made some homemade pickled cucumbers for a family lunch today. Always have leftovers so I had some with my peanut butter crackers and coffee this morning. And before I went to bed last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom