"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #361
Sous Chef

I don't know if this is considered a snack, but I have been drinking an awful lot of "Polar 100% Natural Calorie-Free Seltzer". Does anyone know anything about this stuff? Am I doing any harm to my body? Would appreciate any info. on this matter.

cookieee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #362
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
I don't know if this is considered a snack, but I have been drinking an awful lot of "Polar 100% Natural Calorie-Free Seltzer". Does anyone know anything about this stuff? Am I doing any harm to my body? Would appreciate any info. on this matter.
It appears to be a good source of fluids with no issues. Keep on enjoying it

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...er-good-or-bad

I've been snacking on Mt. Olive dill pickle spears. I also make homemade quick pickles and keep them in the fridge most of the time. Sometimes I want something a little different, so I have a store-bought one.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:43 PM   #363
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
It appears to be a good source of fluids with no issues. Keep on enjoying it

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...er-good-or-bad

I've been snacking on Mt. Olive dill pickle spears. I also make homemade quick pickles and keep them in the fridge most of the time. Sometimes I want something a little different, so I have a store-bought one.
GG, thank you so much for that article. That is just what I was looking for. Now I can enjoy without any worry. Thanks again and enjoy your pickles.
cookieee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #364
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thank you for that link GG. I drink a lot of fizzy water. I was mildly concerned about the possible effect on teeth, so I am relieved to read that it's not a problem and may have a number of health benefits.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:56 AM   #365
Head Chef

We drink a lot of the Clearly American waters from Walmart. It's the only way I can get Mom to drink water.
cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #366
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post
Man, that is some snack! Sounds really good!
You mean eating a whole cheesecake in one sitting isn't snacking
Bama-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:53 AM   #367
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
Just a cautionary note about volume: make sure you don't drink so much that you flush needed nutrients from your body. I used to be a 100+ ounce tea/coffee/water drinking person back in the day - up until roughly two years ago. At that point, my PCP sent me on over to a nephrologist because my blood sodium level just would not get up to the minimum number of the "safe" range reading. The easiest treatment is to have the patient reduce their liquid intake. When he said he wanted me to restrict my intake to no more than 45 ounces a day I said "but I drink almost that much in tea before I get to my first cup of coffee!" Thankfully, keeping under 50 ounces a day (yeah, I cheated a bit) got my sodium level up to the good numbers. Hopefully drinking an "awful lot" of liquid doesn't affect you in the same way, but I thought I'd send out a warning from my own personal experience.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote