What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I have sour cream on hand and a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix, and some Lay's potato chips, I can't resist making dip and chips, even a small amount. About Lay's potato chips, ("You can't eat just one."). Dig this...Lay's used to take out any chips that were folded over, so that only perfect chips made it into the bag. Nowadays, 20% of their chips are folded over imperfect. Weren't the good old days the good old days, in some ways? Hehe, yes they were.

Last edited:
Butter Pecan with a Hershey's drizzle ...

Ice Cream, Butter Pecan.jpg

I made a smoothie, with a very ripe banana and a couple of chunks of frozen pineapple, and a couple drops of coconut flavoring. I added some chia seeds - I always add these in the beginning, let them gel for 5 min or so, then continue. I also added some of that neufchatel cheese, since the banana bread was better without it, and this added a really good flavor.

When I have sour cream on hand and a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix, and some Lay's potato chips, I can't resist making dip and chips, even a small amount. About Lay's potato chips, ("You can't eat just one."). Dig this...Lay's used to take out any chips that were folded over, so that only perfect chips made it into the bag. Nowadays, 20% of their chips are folded over imperfect. Weren't the good old days the good old days, in some ways? Hehe, yes they were.
Don't diss those folded chips. ;) They're Himself's favorites no matter what the brand. Like you, I like flat chips. My preference is as thin as you can get them, and folded chips seem hard instead of crispy to me.

BTW, welcome to DC, Togo.

Don't diss those folded chips. ;) They're Himself's favorites no matter what the brand. Like you, I like flat chips. My preference is as thin as you can get them, and folded chips seem hard instead of crispy to me.

Thanks CG. I was banned awhile back by Fiona. If she guesses who I am, I may not be here much longer if I don't watch it. She got tired of my sandbox or something. I consider myself on probation and will have to watch my P's and Q's.

Or...she may ban me outright immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks CG. I was banned awhile back by Fiona. If she guesses who I am, I may not be here much longer if I don't watch it. She got tired of my sandbox or something. I consider myself on probation and will have to watch my P's and Q's.

Or...she may ban me outright immediately.

Hi Caslon!

DH and I fight over the folded ones :ROFLMAO:

Toasted bread, cheese slices added and broiled until it gets puffy, then tomato slices on top, then bacon on top. Someone has to have made that. I've had that as a meal.

Last edited:
I've been going through old recipe clippings lately. I came across one for a 5-minute chocolate mug cake. I didn't remember if I made it before, but I won't be using this recipe again. While it was tasty, it was very...dense. Couldn't have been that bad, though. We split the cake and turned it into sundaes! Coffee ice cream, whipped cream, and hot fudge.

IMG_20200506_011657696.jpg

Toasted bread, cheese slices added and broiled until it gets puffy, then tomato slices on top, then bacon on top. Someone has to have made that. I've had that as a meal.
I like a nice slab of toasted whole wheat bread, topped with thin sliced raw mushrooms that are then covered by thin slices of a Swiss cheese like Jarlsberg. Grilled until the cheese is not only puffy but a little brown in spots. Good eats.

K-Girl, where the heck are you? I think it's about time you checked in to let us know that you're OK.

I've had a serious case of the munchies the last couple of days. :ermm: Not a good thing, even though I haven't (yet) put on even one quarantine pound. I'm trying to keep snacking to low sugar fruits and protein. Just had a serving of cottage cheese with Tajin. I think that's my new favorite savory cottage cheese. Up until now, I've usually used Greek Seasoning on cottage cheese.

I made an unusual snack yesterday, using one of those kohlrabis from my garden. It's something I've been making since I discovered a recipe for peeled broccoli stems, back in the 80s, and my Mom would save me her broccoli stems, back in the days that she cooked. It consists of sliced stems, or kohlrabi, which tastes even better, salted an hour or so, rinsed, then cooked briefly in some sesame oil and hot oil (or just sesame oil), just enough to coat all of the pieces, then cooled. Good warm, too, as a side dish. And I always add some nam prik pao at the end. I've eaten about a cup of it, so far - can't eat much at a time!
Kohlrabi slices, cooked in hot and sesame oils, with Nam Pric Pao stirred in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom