"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #51
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I can't eat Nutella, but I don't find almond butter too sweet. Maybe there was sugar added? I know there is sugar added to some peanut butter.
*blush blush* Oops! It was tinlizzy that said almond butter was too sweet. Hmm, that's what I get for trying to remember who I'm replying to instead of quoting them. Stupid Old Brain Syndrome.

Just had a handful of Nabisco Better Cheddar crackers to go with my glass of wine. Cheese AND crackers together - the ultimate Lazy Person's snack.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #52
Master Chef

Kylie, I do like me a Lindt dark chocolate truffle. Every once in a while Himself brings a bag of those evil little balls home to me. Love him! But my favorite chocolate is Malley's, from Cleveland. They make a Nutmallow (dark or milk chocolate) that is to diet for! Loverly sends me a box every Christmas in their box of gifts for Mom and Dad. I taught the kids good.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

I have just had some greek yoghurt with clusters, nuts and honey NOM!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
*blush blush* Oops! It was tinlizzy that said almond butter was too sweet. Hmm, that's what I get for trying to remember who I'm replying to instead of quoting them. Stupid Old Brain Syndrome.

Uhm, now I'm confused. I was just adding my two cents' worth. You don't like Nutella, I don't like Nutella. I don't think almond butter is too sweet, so since we agree on Nutella, you might not think almond butter is too sweet.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #55
Master Chef

OK taxy, now I'm confused too! Guess one of these days I'll try almond butter? Maybe. Anyway, at this point like the song goes "let's call the whole thing off"!

I just had a slice of some new kind of bread my main grocery store started selling - a blueberry lemon "breakfast" bread. Not a quick bread like banana nut, but a raised dough one. It tastes fine but it has a strange fake lemon smell. Kinda like a solvent smell. Since it tastes fine I'll eat it. Had a slice a day or two ago and I didn't get sick, so it must be OK. Just OK. Won't buy it again, but won't pitch this one. Wonder how it would be for French toast?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
OK taxy, now I'm confused too! Guess one of these days I'll try almond butter? Maybe. Anyway, at this point like the song goes "let's call the whole thing off"!

I just had a slice of some new kind of bread my main grocery store started selling - a blueberry lemon "breakfast" bread. Not a quick bread like banana nut, but a raised dough one. It tastes fine but it has a strange fake lemon smell. Kinda like a solvent smell. Since it tastes fine I'll eat it. Had a slice a day or two ago and I didn't get sick, so it must be OK. Just OK. Won't buy it again, but won't pitch this one. Wonder how it would be for French toast?
CG, you can make your own almond butter, just make sure your food processor is in good shape, as it takes awhile to pulse them into butter.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #57
Executive Chef

All of this talk about almond butter, I had to have a little on some celery while I make dinner. It is so good.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
Head Chef

Yeah, but it's too sweet.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #59
Sous Chef

A lavender cupcake with vanilla frosting and a cup of Assam Tea. Soooo wicked..........Sooo good.

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #60
Sous Chef

Ps. Those wonderful little Lindt truffles you were talking about.....well I live at the town where the big Lindt factory is that makes them here in France...............life is very difficult sometimes, go eat your heart out!!

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote