What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some marinated seafood last night...
xo0HK46.jpg

Himself looooves popcorn. I love it, too, but if the yummy smell lingers in the house at bedtime I lay awake in bed wishing I had more to eat. Decided to close the bedroom door before I pop any! :LOL: Got us a fresh bag of Bob's Red Mill popping corn and made an old-fashioned stove-top batch today. Shook a little bit of Spice Merchants cheese popcorn seasoning on top. :yum: Why didn't I think of closing that bedroom door earlier?

Oh my, that looks good CG. :yum: I haven't had good old fashioned stove-top popcorn in a few years - now I want to make some! The cheesy seasoning sounds really good, too.

Today's snack was a handful of wavy potato chips dipped in a scoop of peanut butter while I watched a movie. :ermm::LOL::yum:

Peanut butter and potato chips? Hmm, sounds interesting. My Mom would sometimes use chips to scoop ice cream up from her bowl. Pretzels, too. Now you can buy ice cream with pretzels in it.

I had some marinated seafood last night...
xo0HK46.jpg

You actually ate that? :ohmy: You are a braver person than I am.

If I saw that on my plate, I'd run out into traffic. I guess you could say I'm not very adventurous about eating anything different.

Well, to get myself on topic here, I was going to make chocolate chip cookies, but I got lazy, so I'm just eating the chocolate chips now. I figure its healthier, since I would eat the chocolate chips anyway and this way I'm not eating all the sugar in the cookies or the raw cookie dough.

Last edited:
It's an acquired taste, I suppose....cold wine helps wash it all down..
I'd have the wine. ;) I figure if I have to acquire a taste for something, it probably isn't worth the work. :LOL:

I'm taking a page from K-Girl's book and cleaning out our freezer. Not that we're likely to move anytime soon (dang), but I really do need to move out the old. This ice cream wasn't old, but it sure is good! :yum: It certainly will be ONLY a treat in our house, though, since it's $6 for a pint. :ermm: At $1.50 per 1/2 cup serving (and trust me, that's plenty filling with as rich as this stuff is), that figures to 2 cents per calorie. Go ahead, do the math. Worth. Every. Calorie.

Attachments

• 2016-04-15 23.57.03.jpg
    2016-04-15 23.57.03.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 161
I didn't have to acquire the taste. I loved octopus the first time I tried it. So, if you ever have the chance for a little taste, go for it.

Pirate loves octopus. It is the one treat he buys for himself once a month. I leave the house. Yuk! He is the most adventurous one in the family when it comes to food. He learned that from his father. :angel:

I didn't have to acquire the taste. I loved octopus the first time I tried it. So, if you ever have the chance for a little taste, go for it.

Pulpo ceviche is very popular where we go in Mexico. And it's delicious. My problem is I've fallen in love with these extremely intelligent, beautiful creatures in the wild, and have a hard time thinking about eating them. But I guess the same thing could be said for pigs and cows. Guess I need to stop overthinking, I'm not meant to be a vegetarian!

Last edited:
Pulpo ceviche is very popular where we go in Mexico. And it's delicious. My problem is I've fallen in love with these extremely intelligent, beautiful creatures in the wild, and have a hard time thinking about eating them. But I guess the same thing could be said for pigs and cows. Guess I need to stop overthinking, I'm not meant to be a vegetarian!
I wrote that I like it, not that I eat it. These guys are over the line smart for my personal preferences. I do feel bad about eating pork, but it's just too danged tasty.

That's kind of what I thought - octopus and squid are very smart and it would be like catching and cooking another person to me.

Roasted red pepper hummus and pita chips is my current favorite.

But I do love boursin with cocktail bread, cheesy chili on Fritos, and definitely cheesy popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom