What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ours is at 37 degrees, msm, so I've got you beat. ;)

I bet you're referring to all of us on DC, right? :LOL: No? You meant real nuts? ~ You chimed in with hazel nut, so you got to it before I did. But later, after I posted this, I remembered I like to pull filberts (as we like to call them at Chez Goddess) from my pile and save them till the end...sometimes. Others it's Brazil or pecan...or cashew. :huh: Gosh, I think it would be easier to say almonds are my least favorite nut in the mixed nut bag.

Well those are the nuts that were in the bag I bought at Christmas time.

BTW My knee has been screaming also.

We had homemade chocolate pudding tonight. I cannot believe that this is the first time I've ever made it! I do remember making Pot de Creme au Chocolate once, though, back when I was a teenager.My family liked it when I "played" in the kitchen! :LOL:

I bought a small French baguette today at a sort of specialty grocery store that makes fairly good baguettes, compared to the local supermarkets. So my snack today has been about half the loaf already. With butter.

Just a small handful of Cheddar white cheese crackers. I was in a picking mood and those did not satisfy me. So I made a poached egg on whole wheat bread. Only ate 3/4 of that. Left most of the toast on the plate.

Blood oranges. I picked up a few at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago because I saw a dish I wanted to make with them and because I wanted some to eat. They seem sweeter and less acidic to me than regular oranges.

A bowl full of berries, with a touch of orange and ice cream.

Attachments

• 20170523_002407.jpg
    20170523_002407.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
What ^she^ said. :mrgreen:

Seriously, we had berries, cherries, and apricots with a little vanilla ice cream. :LOL: Either we're boring, or we know a good thing when we taste it. I'm pretty sure it's the second thing...

I had a plain doughnut this morning when I was out to run an errand. It tasted so good. It has been about five years or more since I had one.

Himself was SO bored today that he tagged along when I went grocery shopping. :ermm: I like the company OK, but when the devil on my left shoulder says "hey, you want to get that Boston Cream Pie that's on sale?" the angel on my right says a resounding "NO!". Himself was on my right today.

That Boston Cream Pie sure was tasty. :yum: There are two servings for each of us to have the next two days.

I guess I'd better hold off on my blood work...

Anyone ever had Nutter Butter peanut butter cookies? If you pop some assorted Berry fruit gels into your mouth at the same time, you get a PB&J taste experience, lol.

Last edited:
Himself was SO bored today that he tagged along when I went grocery shopping. :ermm: I like the company OK, but when the devil on my left shoulder says "hey, you want to get that Boston Cream Pie that's on sale?" the angel on my right says a resounding "NO!". Himself was on my right today.

That Boston Cream Pie sure was tasty. :yum: There are two servings for each of us to have the next two days.

I guess I'd better hold off on my blood work...

Mom and I have determined that Dad is not the appropriate "adult supervision" we need when we go shopping. He's worse than we are.:ROFLMAO:

I keep TJ's packaged cashew pouches on hand... Always a good snack and the prepackaging keeps me from snacking on too many of them..

Ross

Are you diabetic, by any chance? I am, and have to get blood work done every 6 months.
No. Between family history, though, and age (middle 60s), my health care provider just wants to keep tabs on it. Mostly, knowing what my A1c reading is enough to keep me in line. :LOL: My "wait for blood work" comment was tongue-in-cheek, since desserts days before a test doesn't mean much for a 6-month reading.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom