What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of Dark Chocolate Almond butter stirred in. It was good, I didn't add any sugar. will be checking my blood sugar in a few minutes to see how it's doing.

I was thrilled with my sugar reading this morning. It was 149. And I am still not on any medication for diabetes. I am more conscience of my carb intake since the doc took me off the glipizide. I kept having sugar crashes. What with the weight loss and watching what I eat more closely, I am doing good. :angel:

We went out & had breakfast with mom after mass this morning. I ordered eggs benedict, poached but could only eat about a quarter of it & I was actually full. That felt pretty good. Dh & mom polished it off.

Sunday is when we have a bit of a "special" breakfast, so today we had homemade cinnamon rolls, soft scrambled eggs, fried hog's jaw, tomato juice and coffee. There were 4 cinnamon rolls, but I made them so large I could barely eat one. That means...yeah...we'll have some tomorrow.

We had bacon, scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, whole wheat bagels with grape jelly, orange juice,and tea for me and coffee for DH.
Yum! :)

I was thrilled with my sugar reading this morning. It was 149. And I am still not on any medication for diabetes. I am more conscience of my carb intake since the doc took me off the glipizide. I kept having sugar crashes. What with the weight loss and watching what I eat more closely, I am doing good. :angel:

You go girl :clap:

Not sure if it was breakfast or lunch. Two poached eggs on dark toasted bread. Had a very difficult time getting it down. By the time I got down to the last bite, it was ice cold. Next time I will only make one egg.

I finally tossed the last four eggs on the carton I had in the fridge. The expiration date was at the end of July. :wacko: I really need to clean out that fridge. I had to laugh at my son. He showed up last night with a fresh dozen of eggs without my asking him to. Reason? It is time for me to start baking. I think he is trying to tell me something. :angel:

- 3 Boiled eggs - NO YOLKS-(yuck)
- A bowl of bran cereal with - a few raisins - & almond milk.
- OH yeah, before all that I had a slice of Red Velvet cake @ 4:00 in the am - does that count as part of my breakfast?.....LOL!...Shhhhhh.
(I can't believe I just admitted this .... what can I say, it was calling my name when I got a small case of insomnia).
It was a baby slice. :eek:)

The same thing--2 poached eggs on steamed Swiss Chard with a side of brown rice. BORING, but filling! Which reminds me, I have to make a grain for tomorrow morning...think I'll steam some barley. I love barley...I steam the greens while I'm showering and then do the eggs. It takes me about 15 minutes to make and eat breakfast when I have the grain component ready.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom