What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
Nothing. I haven't been hungry. But I have four chicken legs in the oven. that will be my breakfast. :angel:

Chicken is a good breakfast. You have heard of chicken and waffles, right?

Today was steel cut oats topped with brown sugar, sliced almonds, walnuts, brown sugar & milk with a cup of coffee & a little cream in it. Thinking about switching to decaf. maybe it would help lower my bp?

It may if you are caffiene sensitive. Give it a shot and see if your BP comes down, give yourself two weeks. To avoid the lack of caffiene headaches (they are really bad) cut your regular coffee 50-50 with the decaf for a couple days, inching up the decaf until it's all decaf. Once you hit all decaf start checking your BP a couple times a day...if you have your own monitor.

Sorry, I always assume everyone keeps a BP cuff laying around the house...:wacko:

Kylie1969 said:
I have not heard of that mix...but it sounds worth a shot :)

Chicken and waffles is a dish started in the southern states of the USA. There are restaurants all over the USA that serve it now.

Chicken and waffles is a dish started in the southern states of the USA. There are restaurants all over the USA that serve it now.

I have never figured out how those two go together. When I think of fried chicken, I think of mashed taters and gravy. When I think of waffles, it is butter and plenty of syrup. :angel:

Don't think breakfast is going to happen. I've had coffee though. My banana's went mushy so I've got a banana bread baking in the oven and my washing machine is connected in my kitchen too. No space to make breakfast now, darn kitchen is too small!

I love it when that happens...you just add what you have in and it works out a treat :)

Good stuff!

Most of my meals are like that :) I learned how to cook from my mom and she never uses recipes. It's always a dash of this, pinch of that, handful of this and so on :LOL:
I've only started writing down what I add to dishes since joining DC so I can share my recipes and ideas. I've been cooking since I was 5. Started cooking for my family at the age of 6 because my mom was a sales rep and worked away from home a lot. It become second nature to me, kinda like breathing :LOL:
Losing my mojo a bit lately though, this town sucks the life right out of me!

Omelet with bacon on a piece of honey wheat toast, sliced nectarines and grapes. :)

Attachments

• SAM_1302.jpg
    SAM_1302.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 168
Most of my meals are like that :) I learned how to cook from my mom and she never uses recipes. It's always a dash of this, pinch of that, handful of this and so on :LOL:
I've only started writing down what I add to dishes since joining DC so I can share my recipes and ideas. I've been cooking since I was 5. Started cooking for my family at the age of 6 because my mom was a sales rep and worked away from home a lot. It become second nature to me, kinda like breathing :LOL:
Losing my mojo a bit lately though, this town sucks the life right out of me!

losing your mojo? we can't be having that, snippers! some days your mojo is about the only thing that gets a (reluctant) smile on my face! no town anywhere can keep you down for long, girl!:) is it time to consider another move for the future, snip, or are you pretty much settled in for awhile?

Back
Top Bottom