What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pancakes, made with some flax flour, supposed to help with my digestion and cholesterol levels. Of course, I put butter on the pancakes and had two eggs...I may need to rethink this one.

Pancakes, made with some flax flour, supposed to help with my digestion and cholesterol levels. Of course, I put butter on the pancakes and had two eggs...I may need to rethink this one.

My eating habits have changed drastically this past year. I don't know why. I am eating a lot less and am eating usually only one meal a day. The only sweet I eat is a small bowl of vanilla ice cream. Last month the half gallon went to waste. I ate only a quarter of it. I have also been eating more veggies than meat. I either have veggies or meat for a meal. Never the two together. :angel:

i'm thinking of stewing a few apples to blend w/ cinnamon-sugar, to put into crepes. milk to drink.

I'm not feeling well today. One of my favorite foods when I feel like this is to have Greek-lemon soup. However, today I decided to make curried turkey-lemon creamed soup. I started with some turkey gravy, added turkey broth, Brussels sprouts (chopped), carrot, cubed winter squash (leftover), leftover rutabaga, chopped leftover turkey, about 1 c black beans (I used some from the freezer, but one could used canned black beans, drained and rinsed); a healthy amount of my friend's homemade curry powder, zest of 1/2 lemon, juice of 1 lemon, 2 eggs, beaten. (I tempered the eggs, added them at the end), 1 can of evaporated milk. One small onion and 1 chopped jalapeno pepper, sauteed in a bit of oil. I topped it with fresh chopped cilantro and a bit more lemon zest.

Last edited:
Kylie1969 said:
They sound great Chopper!

Do you have a mould or just cut the shapes?

I just pour the eyes, nose, and mouth. Let them cook a little, then pour a head over the top. Last, I add two small pancakes right at the edge of the head for ears. When they are ready to flip everyone stands around the griddle to cheer me on for the flip! After a successful flip, they smile up at us until the back side is cooked. The kids run to get their plates to receive their Micky pancake! If I had granddaughters I would have to learn to make Mini pancakes. I made Mickey pancakes for my boys when they were little too.

I just pour the eyes, nose, and mouth. Let them cook a little, then pour a head over the top. Last, I add two small pancakes right at the edge of the head for ears. When they are ready to flip everyone stands around the griddle to cheer me on for the flip! After a successful flip, they smile up at us until the back side is cooked. The kids run to get their plates to receive their Micky pancake! If I had granddaughters I would have to learn to make Mini pancakes. I made Mickey pancakes for my boys when they were little too.

That really does sound brilliant Chopper :)

This morning I had a new cereal, it was ever so tasty...it involved honey, how could it not be tasty :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom