What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! Will gladly make to order any omelette :chef:

Hubby & I have very different outlooks on breakfast - he can't stand eggs & is happy with bacon/toast/cereal. Me, I LOVE breakfast. So it's a special treat when I have a weekday off & have the time to make myself a yummy breakfast without having to listen to him complain about the "egg smell" :rolleyes:

I'm also a breakfast lover. Favourite meal of the day, sometimes the only one I have time to sit down for. Fresh pineapple with greek yogurt. And always coffee as well. Sometimes I'll have 2 eggs over medium with ketchup and 2 slices of bacon. I'm trying to stay away from bread, but once a week I will also have some bread and jam with my eggs.

I've been stuck on lox 'n bagels for the last two weeks. Smoked salmon, everything bagel (toasted), cream cheese and sliced onion. So much quicker to prepare than my usual egg and cheese burrito.

Speaking of eggs, my dozen eggs are feeling neglected although I'm sad to report that they are now only 11, after one of them got sucked into a loaf of banana bread, and died. ;)

I just remembered that my remaining bagels are frozen so perhaps I'll have an egg and cheese burrito tomorrow morning. Although sadly my 11 eggs will be only 10 after that. They might start getting worried if they notice their numbers are gradually decreasing, as if some big horrible monster were eating them one by one... If eggs watched movies they could make an egg horror movie out of this. :)

Actually I should start eating the eggs or I'll have to make hard boiled eggs. Or is that hard cooked eggs? Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
That is no good, can you change to another type of medication to see if that has the same effect?

Nope, this one was the change from one that wasn't working. Of course, some days I'd like to scrap all of them and start over, one at a time. I was never sick until I started going to the doctor...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Fried some ground beef with onions, added three beaten eggs with milk, tossed on some spinach & crumbled feta... flipped it over, topped with mozza & waited for it to melt. Fold it in half, toss onto a plate - VOILA! Yummy Greek-style omelette!

Oh that looks good.

i'm now hankering for a bagel & lox. i may have lox, may have bagels, & bought greek creamcheese recently.

Nope, this one was the change from one that wasn't working. Of course, some days I'd like to scrap all of them and start over, one at a time. I was never sick until I started going to the doctor...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Drats! I am sorry to hear you feel like this Fi, I am hoping somehow things can get better for you xx

Today I had 5 egg whites with fat free cheese & ketchup, 1 slice of bacon, 2 slices of lite, 12 grain bread with pbj & a side of fruit consisting of 1 fresh strawberry, fresh pineapple & 1/2 small orange. 367 calories. : )

Our pancakes were lovely...Steve makes the best pancakes :)

We had them with sugar and lemon and some with orange and sugar

Shrek wanted Cream of Wheat, even though I'm trying to cut down on gluten, I had some, too. Was really good with coconut oil in it. Thinking about a Lemon-Honey Yogurt for after...

an ensure plus & a packet of blueberry muffins. & half a honeycrisp apple.

Last edited:
Buckwheat waffles with maple syrup.

After that I decided to experiment with the mini pie maker so made toast, egg and cheese, then tortilla, refried beans, salsa and cheese. Loved both, and the dogs loved the leftovers too!

frosted mini wheats with skim milk, a small loaf/slice of banana bread & decaf coffee.

Buckwheat waffles with maple syrup.

After that I decided to experiment with the mini pie maker so made toast, egg and cheese, then tortilla, refried beans, salsa and cheese. Loved both, and the dogs loved the leftovers too!

YUM :yum:

i'm now hankering for a bagel & lox. i may have lox, may have bagels, & bought greek creamcheese recently.

Hahaha! It's getting late here now and absolutely no interest in a grocery run. I guess I'll check the freezer and see if I froze any bagels but I'm pretty sure the answer is negative.

Well I have too many flour tortillas and too many eggs, so maybe I should stick to egg burritos for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom