What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is Lox?
Lox is cured salmon.

I was pretty much on the go non-stop yesterday and didn't have much time to eat, so I woke up starving this morning. Breakfast is cheesy grits and eggs with toast, and cuppa cappuccino. :yum:

img_1213436_0_e0159646421da2543375e495447bfaa4.jpg

Last edited:
Biscuits and sausage gravy.:yum: Tomorrow will probably be a bagel with cream cheese, thin sliced red onion and nova.

you've been creating some beautiful breakfast plates lately, steve. i'm eyeing that soft yolk egg atop a lovely pillow of cheesy grits for one of my next sundays, yum. cuppa's looking good too....:)

Dh was up late baking spritz butter cookies last night. When I woke up the whole house smelled soooo good. So, for breakfast today I had 1/2 cup of regular cookies & 4, small, butter spritz cookies.

What is Lox?

Like Steve replied in his post after yours. It's pretty much Scandinavian smoked salmon (at least I think it is, I'm not an authority) called gravlax, the most plentiful version of this in 'Merica is smoked. It can be fairly expensive but I've just hooked up with a better quality at lower price (our new Super King market) and now get twice as good as supermarkets for half the price. The supermarket stuff claims it's sliced but I've never found any smoked salmon in a supermarket that could be peeled off except in small pieces.

Method: slice a bagel and toast it both sides, the inside surface should show just light browning, no browning at all on the outside, just warm it up. Spread cream cheese on the bottom half, then layer on 1.5 oz. smoked salmon. Throw some onions as thinly as you can slice them on top of that, assemble the top of the bun and eat!

The onions option is probably commonly left out. I prefer "everything" bagels but everybody has their favorite bagel. Use your favorite.

I was pretty much on the go non-stop yesterday and didn't have much time to eat, so I woke up starving this morning. Breakfast is cheesy grits and eggs with toast, and cuppa cappuccino. :yum:

Yet you had enough time to shoot it! :LOL:

You had cookies with cookies?:rolleyes:

You have to admit that at least the two don't clash with one another. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheers Greg...love smoked salmon :yum:

Like Steve replied in his post after yours. It's pretty much Scandinavian smoked salmon (at least I think it is, I'm not an authority) called gravlax, the most plentiful version of this in 'Merica is smoked. It can be fairly expensive but I've just hooked up with a better quality at lower price (our new Super King market) and now get twice as good as supermarkets for half the price. The supermarket stuff claims it's sliced but I've never found any smoked salmon in a supermarket that could be peeled off except in small pieces.

Lox is cured salmon.

img_1213956_0_e0159646421da2543375e495447bfaa4.jpg

Thank you Steve...and....that looks delicious :yum:

Busy morning with no time to stop for breakfast. So, we had a leftover gallon on lemonade in the walk in cooler, throughout the morning I continued to drink it. I figured I probably drank 5 or 6 8 oz glasses. I about fell over when I got home & tracked what I ate for the day & it said I wasted 645 calories! Argh!!!!

Busy morning with no time to stop for breakfast. So, we had a leftover gallon on lemonade in the walk in cooler, throughout the morning I continued to drink it. I figured I probably drank 5 or 6 8 oz glasses. I about fell over when I got home & tracked what I ate for the day & it said I wasted 645 calories! Argh!!!!

Easy to overdo with lemonade, SB, what a shock, huh! It's almost pure sugar. I like an Arnold Palmer, unsweetened ice tea with a bit of lemonade, or cut the lemonade with a whole bunch of seltzer. Actually, I cut most of my fruit juice with either tea or seltzer. Hibiscus tea with a bit of cranberry juice is really nice too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom