What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Busy morning with no time to stop for breakfast. So, we had a leftover gallon on lemonade in the walk in cooler, throughout the morning I continued to drink it. I figured I probably drank 5 or 6 8 oz glasses. I about fell over when I got home & tracked what I ate for the day & it said I wasted 645 calories! Argh!!!!

SB, if you were diabetic, you would HAVE to stop for breakfast. You would have a sugar crash. So make it a necessity to stop and eat. Everything else can wait. Your health HAS TO COME FIRST. Cook up some hard boiled eggs and keep them handy for such mornings. Have them all peeled. That way you can just grab one and eat it on the run. You can gnaw one while driving to work. Keep some at work and some at home. I know you are trying to avoid yolks, but you need the iron the yolks provide. And one yolk here and there is not going to be the end of the world. And the yolk is full of protein. If you are going to waste calories, I would rather see you waste them on nutrition.

You have been doing so great this far. I know the holidays are really busy for everyone. Specially for those that have children. And with all the temptations around it can become very hard to stick to your plan. I am just so dang proud of you. I know that as a diabetic, I could certainly do better. I just kinda watch what I eat. I could never stick to it like you have. Keep trying and plugging away. We all are pulling and rooting for you. We want to see you here next Christmas. :angel: And one for the family. :angel:

Last edited:
I stopped & made time for breakfast today. I had mini wheats with light, 12 grain bread, toasted, with raspberry jam & regular coffee. I was flying high all day on that regular coffee. The hard boiled egg idea is a good one addie, thanks. When I eat egg yolks I am in pain all day with a stomach ache. The whites do not bother me though. Thanks for all the support & kind words, Addie, Kylie & Dawg. : )

I stopped & made time for breakfast today. I had mini wheats with light, 12 grain bread, toasted, with raspberry jam & regular coffee. I was flying high all day on that regular coffee. The hard boiled egg idea is a good one addie, thanks. When I eat egg yolks I am in pain all day with a stomach ache. The whites do not bother me though. Thanks for all the support & kind words, Addie, Kylie & Dawg. : )

If you have a toaster at work, then take a couple of pieces of your 12 grain bread with you and at least have that to get you through until you can eat an early lunch. Or just eat the whites and save the yolks for egg salad for hubby and your child. Keep some fruit on hand at work. Anything that is on your diet and you can just grab and eat as you work. AA has a saying. Don't let yourself get HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. All four or any one can cause you to lose your way. Always focus on your goal. :angel:

If you have a toaster at work, then take a couple of pieces of your 12 grain bread with you and at least have that to get you through until you can eat an early lunch. Or just eat the whites and save the yolks for egg salad for hubby and your child. Keep some fruit on hand at work. Anything that is on your diet and you can just grab and eat as you work. AA has a saying. Don't let yourself get HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. All four or any one can cause you to lose your way. Always focus on your goal. :angel:
Very wise advice Addie. I leave a loaf of the lite, 12 grain bread at work. We buy hard boiled eggs done in 5 gallon pails too, we use alot of egg salad & hard boiled eggs on salad bar. Fruit is always readily available too.When I get busy sometimes I tend to forget about eating, then I always end up eating to much late in the day. I do appreciate your good advice. Thank you! You are a very kind person.:angel:

I just made myself an Italian omelette using the leftover diced peppers, onions and potatoes from the other night's brats, mozzarella cheese, The last of my chunky spaghetti sauce and some parm regg. I should be good until tonight now :pig:

Attachments

• Italian omelette.jpg
    Italian omelette.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 185
I just made myself an Italian omelette using the leftover diced peppers, onions and potatoes from the other night's brats, mozzarella cheese, The last of my chunky spaghetti sauce and some parm regg. I should be good until tonight now :pig:

That looks very appetising Pac :yum:

Thanks. It's done such a good job of holding me over 'til dinner I still don't know what I want to eat tonight.

That looks wonderful! Thanks for the Idea, Pac! I need more quick, savory breakfast ideas.

That omelletesure looks wonderful! Alot better than te frosted mini wheats &skim milk that I had for breakfast.

Easy to overdo with lemonade, SB, what a shock, huh! It's almost pure sugar. I like an Arnold Palmer, unsweetened ice tea with a bit of lemonade, or cut the lemonade with a whole bunch of seltzer. Actually, I cut most of my fruit juice with either tea or seltzer. Hibiscus tea with a bit of cranberry juice is really nice too.

I make my own lemon aid using fresh lemon juice mixed with water. I don't add any sugar to the gallon but when I pour an 8oz. glass full, I add two to three pkts. of the equal. Perfect taste!

I make my own lemon aid using fresh lemon juice mixed with water. I don't add any sugar to the gallon but when I pour an 8oz. glass full, I add two to three pkts. of the equal. Perfect taste!
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that as I love lemon. What is the ratio lemon to water that you use?

Two poached eggs, grits, stir-fried bok choy, a glass of water with 1T fresh squeezed lime juice and a bit of zest. (Always wash your limes, lemons, grapefruit even if you are just juicing them.)

Back
Top Bottom