What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1/2 cup frosted mini wheats & 1/2 cup of captain crunch cereal with skim milk. No coffee again today, maybe that was my problem today.

i haven't made poached eggs/hollandaise for awhile. w/ bacon. gonna clog the arteries soon.

I have a nice recommendation for a brand of heart stent when you need one:LOL::rolleyes:

I miss eating those kinds of things.
I eat poached eggs almost every day...no bacon, no bread, no hollandaise sauce, just greens and grains. I don't even keep bread in the house. I'll pass on the heart stent brand for now. :) My blood level results were great--cholesterol level almost didn't register--it was less than 1 (I think it was just under .8--can't seem to find the paper right now). The girls lay good eggs!!! I did read that one of the ways to keep one's appetite at bay during the holiday season was to eat eggs for breakfast--load up on protein in the a.m. and you'll be able to pass on the appys in the afternoon. Don't know if it works, but eating eggs for breakfast has worked for me since June.

Unfortunately, I smell butter and my cholesterol goes up. I was just kidding folks, I do know a brand of stent, up close and personal, but I also realize that some folks can eat those things without a problem.

Unfortunately, I smell butter and my cholesterol goes up. I was just kidding folks, I do know a brand of stent, up close and personal, but I also realize that some folks can eat those things without a problem.
Me! Pick me! Seriously, I don't eat bread, butter, sour cream, or bacon very often, but I do love eggs...and cheese.

fiona, we have ails, eh~ i say prove those ails wrong~

I'm close to two years past. And yes, I am stronger now than I was then, but I have had to give up some things I enjoy. Back to breakfast:

Honey Greek Yogurt with Cheerios mixed in.
Mandarin Orange slices, I wanted a box of clementines but they were so sad and tiny looking, so canned still for now.
V-8 juice
Coffee with cream and sugar.

There is no rule saying you have to have eggs or cereal. Give some thought to what other countries eat for their first meal in the morning. How healthy is theirs compared to what we eat. :angel:

My new "normal" breakfast has become a bowl of goat's yogurt with two thin brown rice cakes covered in tzatziki made out of the same yogurt. Yes, garlic for breakfast! :angel:

But it really gives the probiotics a head start to the day! I usually have one or the other (yogurt or tzatziki) at night too!

Oh, and I am hoping to fend off the stent shopping (angiogram in January) with my new found diet!

Last edited:
I decided to make pancakes and then I saw the pears sitting there and decided to caramelize one and put it on my pancakes instead of syrup!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom