What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also had V-8 juice as part of a big breakfast. Along with the juice we had locally made breakfast sausage, hash browns and eggs.

I also had V-8 juice as part of a big breakfast. Along with the juice we had locally made breakfast sausage, hash browns and eggs.

The only time I eat breakfast like that is when I'm hung over. The sound of your breakfast kinda makes me wish I was :LOL:
I do love hash.browns! With poached or fried egg on top :yum:

I just found out my muffin was half my calories for the day...I shoulda had another V-8...

I'm trying to figure out how many grams of sodium is in my serving of V-8 since we mix one can of low sodium with one regular to get the flavor right and then I only have 8 ounces. I am so hopeless with trying to figure out math problems.

Combine the sodium count from both cans and divide by two.

For example, 8 Oz. of regular V-8 has 420 mg sodium and 8 Oz. of Low Sodium V-8 has 140 mg of sodium. IF you combine the two, you will get two 8-ounce servings of juice, each containing 280 mg of sodium.

For example, 8 Oz. of regular V-8 has 420 mg sodium and 8 Oz. of Low Sodium V-8 has 140 mg of sodium. IF you combine the two, you will get two 8-ounce servings of juice, each containing 280 mg of sodium.

Thanks Andy. My problem was the cans I have are 11.5 ounces, so 1/2 has 400 mg and I only drink 8 ounces. I kept getting 184 mg which didn't seem right to me. It would have been easier if I had 8 ounce cans.

Thanks Andy. My problem was the cans I have are 11.5 ounces, so 1/2 has 400 mg and I only drink 8 ounces. I kept getting 184 mg which didn't seem right to me. It would have been easier if I had 8 ounce cans.
It is not to late to write to Santa and ask for a juicer. You can cut the sodium WAY down by making your own V-8 juice. I just use the tomato strainer I have to make tomato juice (I think I have posted pics of it--if not, it is available from Lee Valley [and other places] thick, the way I like it, no seeds, no skin) (this I do during tomato season) and then run veggies through the juicer (celery, carrot, beet (not always, but I love beet juice), kale/chard/spinach, cucumber) when I want Veggie cocktail. I add the fresh veggie juice to the frozen tomato "concentrate" that I've thawed. I know, it is more work, requires more planning, but you can really cut down on the sodium by doing it this way. I just dress with a bit of lime zest and freshly ground pepper, no salt added.

Juices cause my sugar to spike in an instant. Even tomato. I guess it is the speed that it is absorb into my system. So I only have four ounces at a time. And I have never been on salt restriction. Maybe it is because I am not one to reach for the salt shaker. I had a half tomato last night and it sat in my stomach for two hours making me miserable. Today I am going to make sure I stay healthy and happy. Tomorrow is my eye surgery. And I don't want to mess that up. :angel:

Juices cause my sugar to spike in an instant. Even tomato. I guess it is the speed that it is absorb into my system. So I only have four ounces at a time. And I have never been on salt restriction. Maybe it is because I am not one to reach for the salt shaker. I had a half tomato last night and it sat in my stomach for two hours making me miserable. Today I am going to make sure I stay healthy and happy. Tomorrow is my eye surgery. And I don't want to mess that up. :angel:
Positive thoughts re: the eye surgery! Maybe you are allergic to raw tomatoes?

Thanks again Andy, if I'd been thinking I could have looked up the amount of sodium in 8 ounces. My Dad also worked the problem for me, he likes his "little" girl...and ended up with 278.26 mg.

I really am trying to get my sodium below 1500mg/day. Not easy, but I'm headed in the right direction. Getting tired of heart scares and all the medications.

Drove thru subway this morning for an egg white & cheddar on an english muffin with 1/2 bag of harvest cheddar sun chips & an orange juice. If it wouldn't have been for the o.j I would have stayed under 300 calories..live & learn.

Drove thru subway this morning for an egg white & cheddar on an english muffin with 1/2 bag of harvest cheddar sun chips & an orange juice. If it wouldn't have been for the o.j I would have stayed under 300 calories..live & learn.

Yum, love their muffins :yum:

Back
Top Bottom