What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pulverized 1/4 cup rolled oats into oat flour in my blender, added 2 tsp. truvia sweetener, 4 large frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 3/4 cup very cold milk, 2/4 cup very cold water, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 2 dashes nutmeg, and blended it all together to make a soft-serve, creamy, healthy, and delicious shake for breakfast. And yes, less that 300 calories (about 270).

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You go, girl!

Yeah, except I slept in today and it's too close to lunch time...now I want pancakes.:rolleyes::LOL:

The coconut oil has the same calorie count as the grapeseed oil. I think the 1 calorie difference in the amount I am using is because the milk solids and salt in butter displace the fat component.

At this point I'm going for calories trying to keep them within strict guidelines. I'm already eating healthier, but still eating too much. Have to do better on my portion control.

Spaghetti on toast

I love left-over spaghetti sandwiches, especially with meat sauce instead of meatballs. I like the sauce to be robust with garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. And for the sandwich, if it's hot, it needs cheese. If it's cold, then hold the cheese. Sounds like a yummy breakfast to me.

Maybe if I lose another 30 lbs. or so, I can indulge in a spaghetti sandwich for breakfast.:yum:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I love left-over spaghetti sandwiches, especially with meat sauce instead of meatballs. I like the sauce to be robust with garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. And for the sandwich, if it's hot, it needs cheese. If it's cold, then hold the cheese. Sounds like a yummy breakfast to me.

Maybe if I lose another 30 lbs. or so, I can indulge in a spaghetti sandwich for breakfast.:yum:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yes we love having it in a toasted sandwich, wonderful!

It always gives me a little pang to see this thread come up, knowing our sweet VB is not with us anymore. It makes me feel good to see that a bit of her goes on though. You are missed Miss Bean.

Anyway, I had leftover stir fry for breakfast. Twas very tasty indeed.

We had breakfast & lunch together today after mass. I had a benedict skillet but only ate the egg whites with a little bit of the hollandaise.

It always gives me a little pang to see this thread come up, knowing our sweet VB is not with us anymore. It makes me feel good to see that a bit of her goes on though. You are missed Miss Bean.

+1

Yes, she started this thread. Sure miss her too.

5 egg whites with a slice of fat free american cheese, 2 slices of light wheat bread, buttered, with 2 pkg. of ketchup & 10 kettle chips. 36 grams of protein & 300 calories.

It ends up being a trade off for me, the sodium or the cholesterol...either one is bad for my heart.

We got a product called Just Whites, am thinking it didn't have any sodium and wasn't processed at all. It came in a carton too, and was pretty good. Don't know why we haven't gotten it recently.

Back
Top Bottom