What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two over easy eggs and toasted bakery seeded rye bread

img_1232535_0_cbbcf911efc3eb499e33ad3fdccbb5ae.jpg

Looks delicious MM :yum:

Sausage .. eggs.. ham.. bacon.. toast.. pancakes.. this is the 10 year olds plate..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130126_101053.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130126_101053.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 177
I am really indulging this morning. 2 peanut butter cookies & 1/2 buttered jumbo, frosted lemon poppy seed muffin. I am on my second cup of coffee with cream. It feels pretty good to be able to sleep in & sit & relax this morning, although it makes me feel a little guilty too.

I had a perch sandwich on a kaiser roll earlier. Washed it down with some Pepsi Max.
I can't say that qualifies as breakfast food, but I've eaten breaakfast at night before so what the hey.

Scrambled eggs (2 egg whites + one egg with grated sharp cheddar [1T] and 1/2 grated jalapeno), steamed green beans, stir-fried brown rice, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

I caught a cooking show on "how to cut calories" from dishes awhile back. The recommendation was to use a microplane when grating hard cheeses. One ounce of Parmesan cheese grated with a microplane yields about 1 c. AMAZING. I've been using a microplane for years to grate cheese for my eggs...now I know it was a good idea!

Last edited:
Today I had a bowl of hot mixed grains (wild rice, barley, spelt, brown rice, and I don't remember what all) topped with a handful of blueberries and S&P. I have a cup of 1% milk with it. I resisted having a 2nd bowl. I skipped the eggs and the greens, but the grains were GREAT.

Last night I made a breakfast casserole and baked it today. I made it up for Thanksgiving morning because DH doesn't like eggs. It contains apples, raisins, maple-flavored sausage and cinnamon. After baking, we top it with maple syrup. Yum.

Dh went out & got a box of bakery rolls this morning, I stopped at 1 glazed donut with coffee.

Back
Top Bottom