What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dh went out & got glazed donuts from wal mart early this morning. It was real good with a cup of coffee/creamer. Not the healthiest of breakfasts but it sure felt good to just sleep in & lounge around most of the morning for a change.

Had this for breakfast again with the addtion of an OJ. I can't get over how GOOD this sammie is! I am an egg snob. Most fast food and diner scrambled eggs are hard and over cooked brown (I HATE BROWN eggs!!). These eggs on this sammie are yellow, light and fluffy.

MsM, after both of your rousing endorsements, I absolutely have to try this!

SB, you are under a lot of stress, and are doing the best you can. Best of luck, sweetie!

Dh went out & got glazed donuts from wal mart early this morning. It was real good with a cup of coffee/creamer. Not the healthiest of breakfasts but it sure felt good to just sleep in & lounge around most of the morning for a change.

I did a good job with ALL meal choices this week, so when I hit Costco yesterday and there was a package with 6 cheese danish. I got it and I had one. We deserve it, we work hard at our jobs and at being healthy. We have earned the right to kick up our heels and indulge a little.

I did a good job with ALL meal choices this week, so when I hit Costco yesterday and there was a package with 6 cheese danish. I got it and I had one. We deserve it, we work hard at our jobs and at being healthy. We have earned the right to kick up our heels and indulge a little.

thank you, pf...something that needed to be said.:)

Two poached eggs on a bed of steamed baby spinach, a side of 1/2 c grits topped with sirarchi (sp) sauce. That should keep me fueled up to get through 2.5 hours of conference calls this afternoon.

1/4 cup of frosted mini wheats, 1/4 cup of captain crunch with skim milk, a coffee w/creamer & a tereyaki beef steak jerky.

1/4 cup of frosted mini wheats, 1/4 cup of captain crunch with skim milk, a coffee w/creamer & a tereyaki beef steak jerky.
I really, really wish you would stop eating that packaged stuff that has sugar added. Nuts, plain yogurt, veggies...but frosted mini-wheats and captain crunch. Get that stuff out of your cupboards,. please. Your life depends on it and if you are feeding this to your child, your child's life depends on it. Please?! I care about you.

I really, really wish you would stop eating that packaged stuff that has sugar added. Nuts, plain yogurt, veggies...but frosted mini-wheats and captain crunch. Get that stuff out of your cupboards,. please. Your life depends on it and if you are feeding this to your child, your child's life depends on it. Please?! I care about you.
Our daughter refuses to eat fruits or veggies, she does like yogurt & has nut allergies. Thank you for your concern. I have been trying to cut back on the sugar sweetened stuff, but figured the mini wheats are whole grain anyway. It will happen, it just takes baby steps. Thanks for your support!:)

You are entitled to treat yorslef every so often. :angel:

Our daughter refuses to eat fruits or veggies, she does like yogurt & has nut allergies. Thank you for your concern. I have been trying to cut back on the sugar sweetened stuff, but figured the mini wheats are whole grain anyway. It will happen, it just takes baby steps. Thanks for your support!:)

That nut allergy can be very strong. Just having the dust of the nutson your finger tips and then touching your daughter can have a bad reaction on her. :angel:

There's not a lot of good nutritional value in mini-wheats (http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-kellogg-frosted-mini-wheats-i8031) or Cap'n Crunch (http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-quaker-oats-capn-crunch-i8010). I don't know how old your daughter is, but it sounds as if she has your number. :ermm: If you don't offer those things, what will she eat? I don't have that stuff in my house so if one wants to eat, one has to eat other stuff. A banana? Whole-wheat toast? (Don't have either in my house, but...).What about a yogurt fruit parfait with some more berries on top instead of that crappy cereal or oatmeal instead of that? Oatmeal takes 3 minutes.

Last edited:
There's not a lot of good nutritional value in mini-wheats (Calories in Kellogg, Co. - Frosted Mini Wheats | Nutrition and Health Facts) or Cap'n Crunch (Calories in The Quaker Oats, Co. - Cap'n Crunch | Nutrition and Health Facts). I don't know how old your daughter is, but it sounds as if she has your number. :ermm: If you don't offer those things, what will she eat? I don't have that stuff in my house so if one wants to eat, one has to eat other stuff. A banana? Whole-wheat toast? (Don't have either in my house, but...).What about a yogurt fruit parfait with some more berries on top instead of that crappy cereal or oatmeal instead of that? Oatmeal takes 3 minutes.

CWS her daughter has a nut allergy. :angel:

It's really not that bad. The cereals contain vitamins and minerals and the milk adds protein, vitamin D and calcium. I think we should be careful about criticizing others' choices when we may not have the full picture.

Yesterday, I had two fried eggs with two pieces of buttered toast and a clementine.

Back
Top Bottom