What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not home yet. Possibly today. The surgery is more complicated than expected. They thought they would be able to take out the mass behind the kidney. Now they need to have a consultation w several doc's because the mass is attatched & growing into the kidney. Still waiting for consultation right now w surgeon. Everyone seems to think they will send me home for a few days then schedule the surgery in the very near future. We just have to wait & wait some more for some answers.

Not home yet. Possibly today. The surgery is more complicated than expected. They thought they would be able to take out the mass behind the kidney. Now they need to have a consultation w several doc's because the mass is attatched & growing into the kidney. Still waiting for consultation right now w surgeon. Everyone seems to think they will send me home for a few days then schedule the surgery in the very near future. We just have to wait & wait some more for some answers.

Cantcha just ask 'em for a new, 18 year old body to replace the one you have? I mean, up here in the U.P., medicine isn't so advanced as to allow it here, or at least, that's what the Doc's say (I think they're hoarding all the young bodies for themselves.;)". But in the larger cities, and more populated regions of the continent, surely they must be just sending new bodies off of the assembly line faster than the stores can sell 'em.

If you see any spares, send me a 21 year old model, so's I can replace this one that I'm wearing.:LOL:

In all seriousness, I hope they get everything figured out soon, and that they have a little guidance when they go to work, from our creator.

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I picked up a cabbage for $1 yesterday, so I'm doing my "kimchi" cabbage breakfast again.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...r-breakfast-lately-70240-110.html#post1203623
I had some tofu leftover from last night, as well as snow peas, so added those to the cabbage, a handful of black beans, as well as some tamarind instead of the fish sauce. Cut the egg back to 1 and broke it when plating. Oh, and glass of beet-carrot-parsley juice. I love beet juice and studies have shown it helps to lower blood pressure. I love breakfast. This one does take a bit more time because of the cabbage.

Attachments

• kimchi_breakfast 006.jpg
    kimchi_breakfast 006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 164
  • kimchi_breakfast 007.jpg
    kimchi_breakfast 007.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 169
I had some tofu leftover from last night, as well as snow peas, so added those to the cabbage, a handful of black beans, as well as some tamarind instead of the fish sauce. Cut the egg back to 1 and broke it when plating. Oh, and glass of beet-carrot-parsley juice. I love beet juice and studies have shown it helps to lower blood pressure. I love breakfast. This one does take a bit more time because of the cabbage.

Wonderful looking breakfast CWS :)

1/2 cup of life cereal with skim milk & 4 small pieces of beef jerky with a cup of coffee/creamer.

Hard boiled egg, Cheerios with milk and sugar, V-8, Coffee and water. I need more water. I forgot at work today and ended up only having 24 oz during the day...I've been chugging it since I got home.

Duplicate breakfast from yesterday, but added some marinated cucumbers. And, I had 2 glasses of beet-pear-carrot-tomato juice.

Attachments

• breakie 005.jpg
    breakie 005.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 185
  • breakie 007.jpg
    breakie 007.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 186
This morning I cant have my breakfast till I get back from my blood tests and I am fasting...but I will be having some toasted muesli :)

Hope all goes well, Kylie!

CWS: that beet-pear-carrot-tomato juice sounds really interesting (in a good way!)

This morning I had an organic banana, organic carrot, raw pecans, raw almonds & coffee.

Wish I could make myself like beets. I love to garnish with them as they have such a nice vibrant color.

Today for breakfast was a couple small pieces of beef jerky & a single serving sleeve of peanuts.

Hope all goes well, Kylie!

CWS: that beet-pear-carrot-tomato juice sounds really interesting (in a good way!)

This morning I had an organic banana, organic carrot, raw pecans, raw almonds & coffee.
jkath--I hate the texture of pears, but got these pears when I picked up my friend's dogs, so I had to either juice them or feed them to the chickens! I LOVE beets (especially juiced) so figured the beets would cover the taste (and texture) of the pears.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom