What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you sure have a tasty looking breakfast there, cws.:yum:it's a lovely combo of favorites of mine, too--perfect for an anytime meal! perfect that is, except for the vinegar-in-the-water part.....uh, no thanks to that.:)
Supposedly, vinegar + water does something to one's metabolism and kick starts it. It takes some getting used to--I started with Seltzer and balsamic vinegar and moved to plain water and less sweet vinegars.

Another nuked stalk of broccoli and a piece of rye toast. I'd sure rather have had Bill's fried 'taters 'n fatback. But the broccoli was on sale, a wrapped pkg. of 4 stalks for $2; looks like two more breakfasts from it -- pretty thrifty meals.

That breakfast plate CWS made sure looks good. I have some beet greens and free range eggs....
Go for it. I have a head of broccoli that will have to be part of tomorrow's breakie (and oh so many free-range fresh eggs). I wish you all lived down the road, you could come and collect free-range, fresh eggs!

Is it just me, or is this thread almost as popular as the what's for dinner thread? Glad to see so many folks paying attention to eating breakfast. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so much better now that I am in the habit of eating a real breakfast.

I had the right toast with the wrong jelly...it was too sweet. Green tea, water and a V-8. See no coffee!!!!

I quit coffee cold turkey...had terrible headaches for three weeks. If you are quitting coffee, wean yourself off of it (or be prepared for the headaches). What is "wrong jelly"?

I'm not weaning myself off coffee, I like it too much to go without. The wrong jelly...it was too sweet...I won't buy it again. It also said it was jam and not a single cherry bit in it. I'll have to make some danish or something with the jelly.

Is it just me, or is this thread almost as popular as the what's for dinner thread? Glad to see so many folks paying attention to eating breakfast. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so much better now that I am in the habit of eating a real breakfast.

Yes, I think it is, it is great that a lot of people eat breakfast....I would not survive without eating first thing in the morning :LOL:

Because I love breakfast--some re-fried brown rice topped with chopped Italian parsley, lots of broccoli, 2 poached eggs on a bed of steamed greens. I'm stuffed. Time to take a nap.

Attachments

• March 14 024.jpg
    March 14 024.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
:LOL: :LOL:

I try to eat more greens, but I dont like peas or beans..or really even brussel sprouts, but I now eat broccoli and I like cabbage :)

hmmm chow mein, a hard cooked egg, sweet potato, a scrambled egg and flour dish, rice porridge and pickled radishes

I'm not weaning myself off coffee, I like it too much to go without. The wrong jelly...it was too sweet...I won't buy it again. It also said it was jam and not a single cherry bit in it. I'll have to make some danish or something with the jelly.

If you put it in the microwave to make it liquid form, it makes a great glaze to brush on a fresh fruit pizza:yum:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think it is, it is great that a lot of people eat breakfast....I would not survive without eating first thing in the morning :LOL:
Me too. I like breakfast. Couldn't have any today. Had to fast with no food or beverages as today was my CT scan biopsy. Anxiously awaiting results.

Sunday morning is our big breakfast day. I usually get up around 6 shower and head to the bakery for some good hard rolls. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside along with some sweet goodies on the side. I will then fry some good bacon and make scrambled eggs while my wife cooks down the strawberries for the pancakes. Scrambled egg and bacon sandwiches(sometimes with slice of sweet onion) and pancakes with a delicious homemade strawberry sauce and whipped cream & Orange juice.

I measured it out for today, I'm getting 2 servings of veg each breakfast and 4-5 servings of veg at lunch...I usually just make my lunch salad until my container is full...Have lettuce and the rest an assortment of tomatoes, peppers, sprouts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom