What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Onion, jalapeno, tomato & provolone omelette.

Attachments

• omelette.jpg
    omelette.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 232
Thanks Vit.
Three eggs with a little cream.
Five... sheesh. Even I don't make a five egg omelette :LOL:
Four maybe :ermm::pig:

you must be dealing with some mighty Big A** eggs, is all i got to say.:) you are consistent though, your omelets and your steaks both like to hang out over the sides of their plates.:)

anyhoo pac,i thought we were agreed about upgrading your dish size to meat platter dimensions....

I measured it out for today, I'm getting 2 servings of veg each breakfast and 4-5 servings of veg at lunch...I usually just make my lunch salad until my container is full...Have lettuce and the rest an assortment of tomatoes, peppers, sprouts, etc.
Great! I am eating about the same amount of veggies, although my veggie serving sizes might be on the generous side. I do measure out my grains so that is one serving. At this time of year, I eat a lot of carrots and beets (root cellar). And, when I make beet juice, I'm getting 6-7 servings of veggies in one glass (and the girls like the pulp, so I get those back in the eggs:LOL:).

Today''s breakfast was different. I nuked a potato and topped it with two poached eggs. I was in a hurry and have 10 lb of potatoes to use up...not to mention a whole lot of eggs. Myrtle and Harriet lay MAMMOTH eggs. I can't close an XL egg carton once I put their eggs in there. I should probably weigh their eggs. They measure about 4 inches in length. I swear they think they are geese...

Last edited:
you must be dealing with some mighty Big A** eggs, is all i got to say.:) you are consistent though, your omelets and your steaks both like to hang out over the sides of their plates.:)

anyhoo pac,i thought we were agreed about upgrading your dish size to meat platter dimensions....

Those plates fit easier in the dishwasher ;)

2 slices of light wheat bread w reduced fat pb & sf raspberry jam & a tereyaki beef steak jerky with coffee/creamer.

This morning was a fried egg on leftover sauteed spinach. It was so good I'm going to buy extra spinach at the farmer's market this afternoon.

Will have to try coddling/poaching one of these days.

I'm doing my usual...just waiting for the grains to finish (brown rice, brown barley, some Red River Valley cereal, miso, wild mushrooms, tamarind in the rice cooker), steamed bok choy, 1 c of raw julienne carrots, and 2 poached eggs topped with grated jalapeno pepper. Debating if I should add 1/2 c yogurt with blueberries...not sure I'll have room for it! I can hardly wait for Swiss Chard and Kale to be in the garden again.

My usual boring breakfast (which I love <g>). I did dress the carrots...very tasty. The "green stuff" on the eggs is grated jalapeno pepper. Because they are frozen, I find using a microplane and grating them works best. I put the yogurt with the blueberries I added back in the fridge. Guess what I'm having for lunch (or maybe Za-Za would like added to her breakfast...she's getting steak and an egg--but, she's an old gal who is on borrowed time and getting spoiled--Pets thread).

Attachments

• breakfast_St_Uro 028.jpg
    breakfast_St_Uro 028.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 169
soft eggs over a mound of spinach does sound like a yummy breakfast. i need to start keeping frozen spinach on hand. i ate a whole sleeve of saltine crackers for breakfast this morning, with hummus and kim kim sauce. i had thought eating crackers that way was a thing of the past for me, too. then again, i hadn't been keeping crackers in the house, and for a reason. oh no, should i stay or should i go now....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom