What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty good Addie, thanks for asking...I am down 53# now! :) All of the support I get from you & everyone on DC has been my lifeline on weight loss and I so much appreciate it!:angel:

Today for breakfast was 2 slices of light wheat bread, toasted, with reduced fat peanut butter & sugar free raspberry jam with some tereyaki beef jerky nuggets & a coffee w/creamer.:yum:

And I am going to stay right here as long as you need me. Between you and all the members of DC, you wil get that weight off. It is not just a bunch of prattle when I tell you I do care. I realize that this latest health problem might give you reason to forget the weight loss. But don't fall into that trap. You now have two health problems that have to be addressed together. And should you require surgery, the weight loss will be a big benefit in your favor. A benefit for the surgeon and for you, a quicker and easier recovery. The next time you have to spend overnight in the hospital, let them know you are on a weight loss diet. They will only be too happy to help you by serving foods that will be to your benefit.

I am happy to see that you are still getting protein into you in the morning. Keep up the good work. :angel:

And I am going to stay right here as long as you need me. Between you and all the members of DC, you wil get that weight off. It is not just a bunch of prattle when I tell you I do care. I realize that this latest health problem might give you reason to forget the weight loss. But don't fall into that trap. You now have two health problems that have to be addressed together. And should you require surgery, the weight loss will be a big benefit in your favor. A benefit for the surgeon and for you, a quicker and easier recovery. The next time you have to spend overnight in the hospital, let them know you are on a weight loss diet. They will only be too happy to help you by serving foods that will be to your benefit.

I am happy to see that you are still getting protein into you in the morning. Keep up the good work. :angel:
Ditto what she said, SB. Your DC family is cheering you on. So you have an off day, DCers won't judge you--we know how hard it is to "stay the course." We are here for you with hugs and love. You go girl! 53# in 6 months is amazing. Doesn't matter how much weight you (or your doctor) think you need to lose, what is important is you change how you eat so that you can sustain those eating habits for the rest of your life. A friend did one of those "doctor" diets, lost a lot of weight, but when she went back to her "normal" life, she gained the weight back (actually, I have had two friends that have done that). Those friends did not learn new eating habits, they dieted. You are not on a diet, you are working on changing your eating habits.

All the best to you, SB. One of the reasons I post pics of what I eat in the morning is to inspire you (and other DCers) to eat breakfast--it does make a difference.

we went to the phonecia diner yesterday morning, and i had the "arnold bennett skillet". it was smoked trout, parmesan cheese, scrambled eggs, and creme fraiche served in a little cast iron skillet. it was fantastic. the smoked trout really stood out (in a good way) in what would otherwise just be scrambled eggs and cheese.

2 weeks to go before trout season open. i can't wait to make this at home after a chilly day on a stream.

we went to the phonecia diner yesterday morning, and i had the "arnold bennett skillet". it was smoked trout, parmesan cheese, scrambled eggs, and creme fraiche served in a little cast iron skillet. it was fantastic. the smoked trout really stood out (in a good way) in what would otherwise just be scrambled eggs and cheese.

2 weeks to go before trout season open. i can't wait to make this at home after a chilly day on a stream.

I really love smoked trout. It's delectable.

Our weekends are mainly a home mixed muesli type thing....almonds, pistachios and walnuts, a little desecated unsweetened coconut, dried cranberries and/or cherries and quinoa. Usually we have a yogurt too. Somewhat disgustingly to mainly dh and I share a bowl of the cereal. This is usually because he asks what I want for breakfast, I say nothing, then want an almond, then he gives me a couple of spoonfuls and before I know it we have finishe the bowl. He always gets two yogurts for. The fridge now, as by the time I have eaten half his bowl of muesli he knows I'll eat a yogurt:pig:.

this morning was green bagels, and i munched on the last 2 slices of turkey cold cuts.

need to go food shopping later.

Breakfast prep for the week:

1. Set up the rice steamer and cook a combination of grains. Divide into 1/2 c portions. Freeze 3, put three in the fridge.
2. Defrost greens so they are ready to nuke.
3. If you don't have time to prepare eggs, hardboil eggs so they are ready.
4. Juice beets, carrots, etc. I know, they say you shouldn't keep the juice for more than 24 hours, but I've kept it for 48 hours and haven't died.

Easy. In the morning, grab a portion of grains, nuke those while you are in the shower. Heat the greens, and you're ready to plate (I do my poached eggs in the microwave, but you could top the greens with chopped hardboiled eggs). Easy-peasy. No excuse not to have breakfast.

Can't handle the idea of grains in the morning? Prep a yogurt parfait ready to grab the night before.

Sunday is the day we have the nicest breakfast so, today, we had ham/cheese omelet, local slaughterhouse pork sausage patties, homemade bacon-and-egg bread, pineapple juice and Kentucky bourbon ball coffee from freshly-ground beans.

I set the table with the plates on bright green chargers, put out green metallic ceramic mugs for our coffee and we had cloth shamrock-printed napkins on our laps.

The breakfast was tasty and very filling and we were quite the leprechauns with all our green.

Emeril would be proud of me with all the piggie products!:LOL::pig:

reduced fat petter pan pb w sf jam on 2 slicews of light wheat bread with 4 tereyaki steak nuggets.

Today Sunday brunch will be mixed fruit salad, sourdough pancakes with butter and real Quebec maple syrup, 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 sausage patty, mimosas, and caramel machiattos, if I can remember how to work my espresso machine. It's been literally years since it's been out of the cupboard

Last edited:
Egg, cheese, bacon on a carb balance tortilla. I splurged and had about a 1/4 glass of orange juice. It was really good, and should keep me happy for a while. I've hit a little bump in the road, but I am still working on things. I am at 10# lost, and it is stuck there. I think I am still losing inches though, so I think things are ok. The weather is going to get nicer soon, and I will be out doing all kinds of things soon. Also it is easier once I am off for the summer and the stress levels are better. A good breakfast usually gets me going for a great day. congrats SB on your good breakfasts, and your total weight loss so far. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom