What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Part of a lemon poppy seed muffin & a beef stick with coffee/creamer.

Happy to see you are still making an effort to get that protein in your breakfst each morning. Good work. Keep it up. It can make all the difference in the speed you lose your weight. The more protein, the more energy. The more energy, the more activity, the more activity, the quicker the weight comes off. :angel:

Happy to see you are still making an effort to get that protein in your breakfst each morning. Good work. Keep it up. It can make all the difference in the speed you lose your weight. The more protein, the more energy. The more energy, the more activity, the more activity, the quicker the weight comes off. :angel:
Thanks Addie! Feels good to have you in my corner!:angel:

Today's breakfast started with 2 glasses of beet-blood orange-apple-carrot juice. The main part was 2 poached eggs, 1/2 c oatmeal with S&P, and 2 c of steamed green beans. Oh, and the 1/2 of apple that didn't get juiced (it was a LARGE apple).

I grabbed a handful of Triscuits on my way out the door this morning. I am not hungry. I seemed to be at that place again where I am not hungry and don't really want to eat. Not a good place for me to be at. I have to make myself eat. Even if it is only a bite or two. :angel:

I'm game. We haven't had a Golden Chef's challenge in a while now. We have a bunch of new faces on DC. Breakfast is a wonderful theme. We could do it in April, if that's Ok with everyone.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I agree. Breakfast is so important. I'd like to see it structured the same way as other challenges...a "starter," main, side, and beverage. With the caveat being to make it also healthy and not loaded with sugars and fats. I've already have some ideas I can't wait to play with...but I'll have to zip my lips and not share because these ideas might end up being something I want to use. I am away the 19th of April - mid May, but could do mine in advance and post whenever.

Today's breakfast started with 2 glasses of beet-blood orange-apple-carrot juice. The main part was 2 poached eggs, 1/2 c oatmeal with S&P, and 2 c of steamed green beans. Oh, and the 1/2 of apple that didn't get juiced (it was a LARGE apple).

Oatmeal with S&P? Never tried that. Oatmeal is similar to regular porridge oats isn't it?

Love the sound of your juice! Beets are the perfect veg :yum:

Oatmeal with S&P? Never tried that. Oatmeal is similar to regular porridge oats isn't it?

Love the sound of your juice! Beets are the perfect veg :yum:
I treat oatmeal/steel cut oats/Red River Valley cereal like grits--S&P and sometimes a dab of butter. The juice was amazing. I wish I had more beets. The orange-apple-carrot seem to cancel out the "earthy" taste of the beets. The juice was relatively sweet. I had intended to keep the 2nd glass for tomorrow but didn't have enough will power not to drink it. I love beet juice...anything with beet juice. The same thing happens when I juice tomatoes--I plan on putting juice in the freezer, but usually end up drinking about 2 l and then have to force myself to put the rest in the freezer. The girls, btw, love the pulp. I have frozen the pulp to put in soups, but since I have laying hens, I usually give the pulp to them. And, they got the leftover oatmeal (I nuke it). The only thing I don't like about juicing is cleaning the juicer parts. I don't have a Vitamix, sigh. Without a dw, I don't know how people stand using a centrifugal force juicer. I have had several brands, and find cleaning them a pain without a dw. Now that I have a dw, life is much easier re: using the juicer, but it is still a messy process.

I treat oatmeal/steel cut oats/Red River Valley cereal like grits--S&P and sometimes a dab of butter. The juice was amazing. I wish I had more beets. The orange-apple-carrot seem to cancel out the "earthy" taste of the beets. The juice was relatively sweet. I had intended to keep the 2nd glass for tomorrow but didn't have enough will power not to drink it. I love beet juice...anything with beet juice. The same thing happens when I juice tomatoes--I plan on putting juice in the freezer, but usually end up drinking about 2 l and then have to force myself to put the rest in the freezer.

I will try the savoury oats idea :yum:

I love beet juice too and boiled, steamed or baked beets!!!!
I gave my juicer to my brother when his wife was pregnant but Woolworths has the most devine beetroot juice :yum:
It's 100 % pure with no sugar or salt.
Tomato juice is one of my favourites too but I want celery salt, tabasco and a dash of lemon with mine.

I even like carrot juice when mixed with orange and I can't stand carrot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I treat oatmeal/steel cut oats/Red River..."

I enjoy Red River cereal, but can't get it unless I cross the big ditch into Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. I do enjoy steel cut oats though. You can keep the grits.

There are jsut some great things available in our Northern twin town that we can't get on the U.S. side of the river, like Balderson, 5-year Heritage Cheddar, or even Presidents Choice 7 year aged Cheddar.

Ah well, it gives me an excuse to vising my Canadian friends.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is a busy day running errands so I grabbed 2 hardboiled (actually, oven baked in the shell--it works--you lay them horizontally across a mini-muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes at 325--I did 36 eggs and put them in a tub with water and snow [very cold water] for 20 minutes) eggs that I made for pickled eggs, this afternoon's project, a blood orange and a glass of milk (which I go to NY to get because I don't like Canadian milk or cottage cheese). I'm surprised RRV cereal isn't available in MI. You can buy it in Northern MN.

Back
Top Bottom