What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning we had a fully cooked breakfast at the hotels restaurant

We had fried bacon, eggs, hash browns, fried tomatoes, fried sausages and toast, gee it was delicious :yum:

Today's breakfast is poached eggs, steamed broccoli, and savory steel-cut oats (miso, mushroom, spinach added). a couple of slices of tomato, and a glass of freshly-squeezed tangerine juice. Just waiting for the oats to finish (made in the rice maker). If the camera has batteries and I don't destroy the eggs when plating, I'll post a picture.

I destroyed the eggs. I added some feta to the tomatoes (window dressing) and julienned carrots to the broccoli. I wonder how many more servings of veggies and fruit I need today? I juiced 5 tangerines/clementines for one glass of juice...

Attachments

• breakie_March26 019.jpg
    breakie_March26 019.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 141
  • breakie_March26 020.jpg
    breakie_March26 020.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I destroyed the eggs. I added some feta to the tomatoes (window dressing) and julienned carrots to the broccoli. I wonder how many more servings of veggies and fruit I need today? I juiced 5 tangerines/clementines for one glass of juice...

That is enough food for a week for me. Pics looks great. :angel:

My rule of thumb for the rest of the day is I only eat if I'm hungry and limit myself to veggies, non-fat plain yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, nuts, a glass of milk, an ounce of cheese (not all of that, just some of what I have on hand for grazing on for the rest of the day if I'm hungry)--except when I have guests coming, than I cut back on breakfast so I can eat a "regular" evening meal, but that is hard on my system--I can't sleep!

That is absolutely beautiful! Bet it tasted even better!!:yum:

This morning we are heading downstairs for a hotel breakfast again, but this time not a cooked one, just some raisin toast and cereal as we have eaten so much this holidays that we are thinking an easy breakfast today :)

This morning we are heading downstairs for a hotel breakfast again, but this time not a cooked one, just some raisin toast and cereal as we have eaten so much this holidays that we are thinking an easy breakfast today :)

Enjoy! :cool:

That is absolutely beautiful! Bet it tasted even better!!:yum:
Thanks, LarrryWolfe. I eat my big meal for breakfast (I wake up early and enjoy making breakfast--I also work from home, so I don't have to do those things others have to do to go to work. I also set my own hours, so I can eat a decent breakfast, take a shower (or a nap) and still get a day's work in as long as I don't miss conf calls).

The only time I switch when I eat my big meal is if I have invited guests to join me for an evening meal, than I eat light in the morning. I've lost weight, have more energy, and all-in-all, feel better. I forgot to mention that I added some cayenne peppers, ginger, and toasted sesame and chia seeds to the broccoli. The juice was delicious! As were the savory steel-cut oats. And, yes, I have my "office" set up on my diningroom table. I like the company of Create TV while I'm working and can't move the TV to my office because of the antenna hook up. I live alone--but I do move my "diningroom office" to my real office when I invite guests.

Last edited:
I still had the raisin toast for breakfast but Steve had Eggs Benedict, I tried some and it was amazing, the hollandaise sauce was so creamy and mouthwatering, both very happy with our breakfasts :yum:

The next time you go on holiday, I am going with you. Steve can tag along if he wishes. :angel:

Today's breakfast is a Greek yogurt parfait...a layer Greek yogurt, sliced papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, more yogurt, more papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, a couple of sage leaves, toasted sesame seeds, dried cranberries, a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Camera batteries died--but I think I got one pic of it.

Today's breakfast is a Greek yogurt parfait...a layer Greek yogurt, sliced papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, more yogurt, more papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, a couple of sage leaves, toasted sesame seeds, dried cranberries, a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Camera batteries died--but I think I got one pic of it.

I love the peppery bite of papaya seeds :yum:
I always eat my papaya seeds and all and I dry the extra seeds and use them in cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom