What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the best way to dry the extra seeds?

Put your seeds in a sieve and rinse off the bits of papaya. Lightly dry with a paper towel and place them on a flat surface in a single layer. I use the polystyrene trays that I get my papayas in. Place them in a window sill to dry for a few days.
When they are no longer sticky they are ready to store.
I keep mine in a glass jar with a bit of rock salt to absorb moisture. You don't have to add the salt, you can just keep them in an airtight container.

Today's breakfast is poached eggs, steamed broccoli, and savory steel-cut oats (miso, mushroom, spinach added). a couple of slices of tomato, and a glass of freshly-squeezed tangerine juice. Just waiting for the oats to finish (made in the rice maker). If the camera has batteries and I don't destroy the eggs when plating, I'll post a picture.

Wow, Fearless Leader of Breakfast Excellence! What a spread! I was a Junior Scout yesterday -- had sauteed beet greens with a fried egg on top and a thin rye crisp cracker. Still want to investigate the savory oats thing. I think that's going to be a hard sell, thanks to a lifetime of butter & sugared oatmeal.

Thanks for the continuing example you're setting.

Today's breakfast is a Greek yogurt parfait...a layer Greek yogurt, sliced papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, more yogurt, more papaya, papaya seeds, dried cranberries, a couple of sage leaves, toasted sesame seeds, dried cranberries, a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Camera batteries died--but I think I got one pic of it.

Hey! No fair! Where are the greens??

I took a pic of my small (8") plate with today's efforts at a healthful breakfast. I haven't tried posting a food picture yet, but here goes:

Attachments

• breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 167
Hey! No fair! Where are the greens??

I took a pic of my small (8") plate with today's efforts at a healthful breakfast. I haven't tried posting a food picture yet, but here goes:
Looks great! I'll be having a 2nd breakfast of steamed bok choy and one poached egg soon. I was waiting for the girls to lay fresh eggs <g> and I had to eat the papaya before it went bad and was chicken feed:LOL:. I thought the three sage leaves counted as greens? (BTW, that dish is a dessert dish and NOT as big as it looks in the pic).

Here's what the parfait looked like:

Attachments

• breakie_03_27 022.jpg
    breakie_03_27 022.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 159
  • breakie_03_27 023.jpg
    breakie_03_27 023.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Wow, Fearless Leader of Breakfast Excellence! What a spread! I was a Junior Scout yesterday -- had sauteed beet greens with a fried egg on top and a thin rye crisp cracker. Still want to investigate the savory oats thing. I think that's going to be a hard sell, thanks to a lifetime of butter & sugared oatmeal.

Thanks for the continuing example you're setting.
Maybe I should change my username to "Fearless Leader of Breakfast Excellence!":ROFLMAO: Love it.

The rest of my breakfast: RRV savory cereal (mushroom, grated zucchini, carrot, miso), stir-fried bok choy with grated fresh ginger and cayenne pepper (fresh), carrot, added, 1 poached egg and the rest of the papaya with the seeds. A sm glass of milk on the side. I probably don't need to eat for the rest of the day so will probably have fruit and veggies for supper. This could count as lunch <g>.

Attachments

• breakie_03_27_02 025.jpg
    breakie_03_27_02 025.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 142
Or Green Eggs ;) or is that greens and eggs?

How do you cook your greens CW?

They always look so tasty! :yum:
Thanks. I usually just steam the greens--but not for long. Today's bok choy was stir-fried with a wee bit of EVOO for about 4 minutes, just until more or less wilted. I time the greens by how long it takes to do the eggs. When the eggs are done, the greens are done.

Thanks. I usually just steam the greens--but not for long. Today's bok choy was stir-fried with a wee bit of EVOO for about 4 minutes, just until more or less wilted. I time the greens by how long it takes to do the eggs. When the eggs are done, the greens are done.

Thanks :) Love the sound of your green today! Especially the spices :yum:

I had scrambled eggs, with a bit of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and 5 spice powder added for flavor. Tasted great. I like my scrambled eggs on the moist side, and so add a bit of milk to the mix as well. I then cook, stirring frequently. I don't want them browned. DW likes hers lightly browned, and dry. I like mine best when the egg is set, but still shiny from partially uncooked egg yolk, and steaming hot.:yum: If I'd have had time, and ingredients, I would have chopped and onion, and thrown in some diced chicken, ans a little celery.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Looks great! I'll be having a 2nd breakfast of steamed bok choy and one poached egg soon. I was waiting for the girls to lay fresh eggs <g> and I had to eat the papaya before it went bad and was chicken feed:LOL:. I thought the three sage leaves counted as greens? (BTW, that dish is a dessert dish and NOT as big as it looks in the pic).

Here's what the parfait looked like:

Looking good :yum:

:yum: I opened a large can of whole American tomatoes. Put them in a bowl, lighted salted them. They were small enough that a whole one would fit in my mouth. I love it when I bite down and all the juice inside the tomato explodes into my mouth. I then poured the puree into a glass and drank as tomato juice. I love tomatoes. Cooked or raw. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom