What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't often do a big breakfast these days but I needed to use up some stuff in the fridge so breakfast was Cheese brat slices with a one egg cheese omlet and an english muffin slathered with butter and cream cheese with chives. Yummy!

what's saw mill gravy, uncle bob?

It's a milk gravy made from sausage BT. Some folks add crumbled sausage to it like I do while others prefer just to use the drippings from the sausage and have their sausage on the side.

Attachments

• biscuits-and-gravy.jpg
    biscuits-and-gravy.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 258
Sunday I had a bowl of mixed blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with creme fraiche. Then I prepared a traditional Italian fritatta with cubed potatoes, Italian sausage, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, sliced baby carrots, mushrooms, pepperoncini, Pecorino Romano, and grandma's sauce. The fritatta was accompanied by garlic toast and a mimosa made with Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante.

^That's quite the breakfast!

I'm not huge on breakfast foods, my usual go-to is cereal or a bagel. I want to be more adventurous (and healthier!) so this thread is beyond prefect to get some ideas and inspiration.

Today I'm having strawberry yogurt and granola.

farmer's market cucumber and tomato slices mixed with sour cream, topped with scallion and dill weed. a cool breakfast choice to combat this sweltering heat....

Rock, our shakes are very similar in ingredients and colour. We can't use the wheat germ, yogurt or milk so we use more flax, coconut or almond milk and banana.

I am having a cinnamon bun left from camping.

We are out of dog food so they had a better breakfast than me! Leftover scraps of salmon (no bones), chicken and rice I made last night. They gobbled it and were looking for more! :LOL:

Rock, our shakes are very similar in ingredients and colour. We can't use the wheat germ, yogurt or milk so we use more flax, coconut or almond milk and banana.

:LOL:

Mine vary according to what is available. I always have frozen fruit of some kind, skim milk. We keep a plastic container with the ground mixture and spoon it in or sprinkle it on cereal. Other than that, anything is fair game. Smoothies are a great way to get rid of those over ripe fruit that aren't that appetizing any more. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom