What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would never give up my lemon or vinegar either! That's why my dentist told me to use a straw unless I want my teeth in a glass :ohmy:

Well, my loss was not because of my teeth but loss of bone.

Breakfast this morning, oatmeal, poached egg, V-8 and coffee.

Well, my loss was not because of my teeth but loss of bone.

Breakfast this morning, oatmeal, poached egg, V-8 and coffee.

Poor you :( My mom lost her teeth when she was 16. Stupid dentist told her she had Pyorrhea but she never did. Not sure if I could handle losing my teeth or hair.

I also want a V-8, where's mine?! It's not nice to drink alone :LOL:

In a heartbeat! The dishwasher doesn't handle all the dishes I use when I get cooking...which reminds me, should I leave this morning's dishes for you to do?;)

I'll do the dishes anytime! :)

I had to wash half my washing by hand this morning and looked after my 2 kids and 2 of their friends + a 4 month old baby :ohmy:

I've got The theme to Barney Stuck in my head but with "with a baseball bat and 4x4, no more purple dinosaur" at the end!
Help!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm starting to understand why some animals eat their young!

Last edited:
A little piece of fried fish leftover from last night, sauteed beet greens, an egg, and a toasted piece of rye crisp. I usually drink a glass of water at each meal. I'm thinking about trying out Snip's cayenne & lemon hot drink (insert sound of large chicken puck-pucks here). :ermm:

A little piece of fried fish leftover from last night, sauteed beet greens, an egg, and a toasted piece of rye crisp. I usually drink a glass of water at each meal. I'm thinking about trying out Snip's cayenne & lemon hot drink (insert sound of large chicken puck-pucks here). :ermm:
Good for you! Start with a small amount of cayenne unless you (a) want to grow hair on your chest, or (b) want to experience a self-induced hot flash.

I like to play with my oatmeal. We had dinner at a restaurant in coastal CT restaurant that had an interesting brunch menu. They offered a fruit and nut oatmeal that sounded...creative. I thought "I can do creative at home!"

I use old-fashioned oatmeal, not quick cook. My favorite combos are:
~dried cherries/unsweetened coconut flakes/toasted almond slivers, chopped
~dried cranberries/toasted walnuts/cinnamon/touch of brown sugar/lemon zest
~blueberries and toasted almond slices
~dried apricots and almonds
~toasted walnuts/diced apples/cinnamon

As a bonus, my cholesterol improved with all the oatmeal I've been eating! :LOL:
Good for you on lowering your cholesterol! Those sound like some great combinations on oatmeal, I will give those a try.:yum:

2 slices of light wheat bread toasted. 1 w pb & sf jelly & the other w laughing cow cheese & sf jelly. Coffee/ creamer. Almost forgot the 1/2 beef stick jerky. The miniature chiwawa, max, always seems to get the other half.

I'll do the dishes anytime! :)

I had to wash half my washing by hand this morning and looked after my 2 kids and 2 of their friends + a 4 month old baby :ohmy:

I've got The theme to Barney Stuck in my head but with "with a baseball bat and 4x4, no more purple dinosaur" at the end!
Help!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm starting to understand why some animals eat their young!

lol, i have to remember your lyrics. i watch a lot of public tv (educational) at 4 and 5am so i often just leave that channel on, but barney comes on jst before i go home at 6:30am. that song is lke nails on a blackboard. i rush to find the remote to shut it off before the song gets stuck in my head. :wacko:

so after killing barney, i had yet some more easter ham on rye for brekkie this morning. it's almost down to jst enough meat and the bone left for pea soup. :chef:

Good for you on lowering your cholesterol! Those sound like some great combinations on oatmeal, I will give those a try.:yum:

A good time to have it when you have time to cook, is for a TV snack at night. You will go to bed with a full, but low calorie tummy. :angel:

lol, i have to remember your lyrics. i watch a lot of public tv (educational) at 4 and 5am so i often just leave that channel on, but barney comes on jst before i go home at 6:30am. that song is lke nails on a blackboard. i rush to find the remote to shut it off before the song gets stuck in my head. :wacko:

so after killing barney, i had yet some more easter ham on rye for brekkie this morning. it's almost down to jst enough meat and the bone left for pea soup. :chef:

:LOL:
The full version is:
I hate you, you hate me..
Lets get together and kill Barney...
With a baseball bat and a 4x4...
No more "bleeping" dinosaur. I added the bleep, not my kids!

Kids :rolleyes:

I want some of that pea soup :yum:
I'm making a soupy stew tonight with beef shin, tons of marrow and brown onion! (Some carrots and mushrooms for the veggie fairy)
I just love comfort food! :pig:

Last edited:
... i had yet some more easter ham on rye for brekkie this morning. it's almost down to jst enough meat and the bone left for pea soup. :chef:

I just bought a half ham mostly so I could make my Mom's ham and bean soup one more time before the weather gets too warm. Ham AND bacon! It's like pork lover's heaven.

lol, snip. i'll neved sing it the same way.

I just bought a half ham mostly so I could make my Mom's ham and bean soup one more time before the weather gets too warm. Ham AND bacon! It's like pork lover's heaven.

can i ask for the recipe? ham and bean soup sounds good. did you buy a butt or picnic?

I figured I'd share what I'm having this morning......a bowl of collard greens with Country ham. Not your normal breakfast food, but it's tasty!!

img_1255218_0_efa95ee7972a4d5027e84357fa712024.png

Back
Top Bottom