What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief--are we doing a breakfast cooking challenge this month or not? I have several things I've played with for breakfast that I'd love to share, but I'm saving those for the challenge!

This morning Steve and I are having scrambled eggs on toast!

Mum got given some fresh double yolk eggs from someone who lives on a farm...I bet they are going to be lovely :yum:

light wheat bread, toasted, with pb & sf jam, coffee/creamer, 1/2 beef steak jerky & a small bowl of cereal ith skim milk.

OTF! :ROFLMAO: I can't drink my cayenne tea without thinking of my DC friends hopping all over the place making silly noises anymore ! :ohmy:
Your sinuses will be cleared in no time flat CW ;)

All well and good, Cayenne Tea Brewmistress, but is there some special ingredient I can add to grow the hair on my head instead of my chest??

I'm having the "test" breakfast I'm thinking about for the challenge, if there is one. Sorry, no pics, but it involves spinach, scrambled eggs, jalapeno peppers, and .... not telling.

Where's your protein, SB?
Just in the milk this morning. I still have no voice with a bad sore throat, not much ambition for having anything else this morning, maybe later. Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.:flowers:

Just in the milk this morning. I still have no voice with a bad sore throat, not much ambition for having anything else this morning, maybe later. Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.:flowers:

Make sure you keep that protein in your breakfast.

Sore throat? Get to you doctor immediately. If it is an infectious sore throat, it is cause to postpone your surgery. :angel:

I called the doc yesterday morning. He prescribed some biaxin for the next 5 days. Last night I lost my voice & still have not gotton it back. I am just praying that surgery doesn't get prolonged any longer.

I'm having the "test" breakfast I'm thinking about for the challenge, if there is one. Sorry, no pics, but it involves spinach, scrambled eggs, jalapeno peppers, and .... not telling.
I've been so busy filling out the adoption application to adopt Snip, and didn't hear back whether we are doing a challenge re: breakfast, this is what I had:

Attachments

• popovers 003.jpg
    popovers 003.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 152
I added left-over roasted fresh green beans & jalapenos to my scrambled eggs and topped it off with some crumbled cojita.

I made some killer steel cut oats last weekend using pumpkin and almond milk and that's what I had for breakfast during the week.

I added left-over roasted fresh green beans & jalapenos to my scrambled eggs and topped it off with some crumbled cojita.

I made some killer steel cut oats last weekend using pumpkin and almond milk and that's what I had for breakfast during the week.
Sounds great! How did you incorporate the pumpkin with the steel cut oats?

I've been so busy filling out the adoption application to adopt Snip, and didn't hear back whether we are doing a challenge re: breakfast, this is what I had:
This is a wholewheat popover topped with Canadian bacon, some grated swiss cheese, spinach, scrambled egg, and then some more cheese, jalapeno pepper, and spinach. I was going to do this for my entree for the breakfast challenge...but that doesn't look like it is happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom