What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still have posole...so I thought I would play. I made 4" corn-wholewheat tortillas. Wrapped the posole in the tortilla--added some lettuce, fresh tomato, and topped it with some cheese and greens. I'm calling it "Holy Posole." Ask me for a pic (lunch).

Last edited:
Now I know I can't have it...I already have the mustache...:ohmy:

Snort :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Come on girls! Spice that strong is more likely to scare chest hair away!
Gave myself a shock this morning. I was half asleep when I made my cayenne tea, not sure where my mind was wondering but I added 3 tsps of cayenne :ohmy:
Must have thought I'm making hubby's coffee :LOL:

Snort :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Come on girls! Spice that strong is more likely to scare chest hair away!
Gave myself a shock this morning. I was half asleep when I made my cayenne tea, not sure where my mind was wondering but I added 3 tsps of cayenne :ohmy:
Must have thought I'm making hubby's coffee :LOL:
Whoa, girl! You must be having those self-induced hot flashes...deep breath...cool washcloth on your forehead..go outside naked (if it is cooler and you are isolated).

Whoa, girl! You must be having those self-induced hot flashes...deep breath...cool washcloth on your forehead..go outside naked (if it is cooler and you are isolated).

Only had a few sips and I think I'll be needing an iced washcloth later :LOL:
More worried about the exit than the entrance ;)

Reading about all these different foods on all these threads is making me hungry. If I have a bagel and cream cheese now can I call it an early breakfast and sleep in come morning?

Brook trout coated with potato flour, basted eggs and
39817-albums960-picture5467.jpg
potatoes.

My mom always had fish for breakfast! She and my dad lived on a lake (actually Dad still lives there, but mom has passed away), and Dad would catch the fish and Mom would cook them up for breakfast. Now he doesn't fish nearly as much as he used to, because he doesn't like to eat the fish. He gives the fish away to neighbors and friends, but doesn't have his sweetie to catch them for any more. If I lived closer, I would be having fish for breakfast a lot more often than I do.
Your breakfast looks great S&P! Brings back some great memories!:yum:

I have had breakfast for dinner on occasion but I can't seem to adjust to the idea of eating dinner for breakfast.

Living in the cold country it works really well. Cold cereal in the morning when you need to step outside where it is -10 or even - 20 is not a good choice of nutrition. After eating something hot (and porridge is not an option for me, as I hate the stuff) soup becomes a really good option.

Living in the cold country it works really well. Cold cereal in the morning when you need to step outside where it is -10 or even - 20 is not a good choice of nutrition. After eating something hot (and porridge is not an option for me, as I hate the stuff) soup becomes a really good option.

Great idea! Soup for breakfast! I like it! :yum:

One of my sons had Little Juan's burritos for breakfast all through college. :wacko:

There is a funny story about (was not so funny then) that soup/breakfast. When my son was in 3 or 4 grade the teacher asked the class the same question so my son in the conversation told her that his father, that’s me likes soup for breakfast. She gave him a hard time you would not believe it. Told him that he is making up stories so on and so forth, I had to go to school clean up the mess as he came home nearly crying.

There is a funny story about (was not so funny then) that soup/breakfast. When my son was in 3 or 4 grade the teacher asked the class the same question so my son in the conversation told her that his father, that’s me likes soup for breakfast. She gave him a hard time you would not believe it. Told him that he is making up stories so on and so forth, I had to go to school clean up the mess as he came home nearly crying.

See that, Charlie. Even the teacher thought you were crazy! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom