What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A piece of toast with advocado spread on it , a slice of bacon, a slice of tomato , scrambed eggs on top with a little bit of rocket ! Very tasty !!

Ooo, bacon and avocado together. So good! Sometimes I make an omelet with crumbled bacon in it, then add slices of avocado and provolone cheese right when I'm folding it over. I finish my omelets in the oven so I like to get a little bit of a "tan" on the cheese.

A piece of toast with advocado spread on it , a slice of bacon, a slice of tomato , scrambed eggs on top with a little bit of rocket ! Very tasty !!

i really shouldn't be reading these food threads late at night, summer.:)you and cg have me SO hungry with your bacon and avocado talk!! lucky/unlucky for me, i presently have no avocados in the house. they are on saturday's grocery list....:)

Lovely! Yummy! ~~~~~ Yummy! Lovely!

Can't decide which adjective belongs first, but it looks scrumptious! Poughkeepsie, huh? CIA is up there if I remember correctly. :chef: OK, are you a ringer that someone planted here???

Personally, I don't care. You could have learned at the elbow of the five greatest chefs and all I'd think of is "what kind of tips could we get from Cheezy?"

LoL, no CIA here... I wish. I have just been cooking for my family of five for a long time, so it was bound to 'click' sooner or later.

I thank you all for the kind words, but this really is one of the easiest things to make. The potatoes actually required more effort.

This morning Steve is going to cook a fry up :yum:

We are having bacon, farm fresh double yolk eggs, fritz and tomato YUM!!

I was inspired by this:

Best Recipes Ever - Fresh Rolls With Spicy Almond Dipping Sauce

So I took a couple of slices of Canadian bacon (cooked with sage and maple syrup), a couple of fresh pineapple spears, green pepper, mix of greens, Chinese noodles, scrambled eggs and made a couple of "breakfast rolls." For my dipping sauce, I put pineapple juice, corn starch, maple syrup, srirachi, hoisin, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Once everything was ready, I soaked the wrappers. The pics aren't, but it was really tasty.

Attachments

• wraps 007.jpg
    wraps 007.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 154
  • wraps 006.jpg
    wraps 006.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 169
Used left-over asparagus spears to make a beautiful asparagus bisque for brunch. Chased it with a glass of milk and a half tbs. of creamy peanut butter, added to an equal amount of clover honey. My tummy feels nice, the house is warm, and I refuse to shovel snow in the middle of April. We've gotten about 6 inches of new snow. But this can't last much longer. It has to go away. I'm out of room in my fishing fly boxes for new flies.:ohmy:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I was inspired by this:

Best Recipes Ever - Fresh Rolls With Spicy Almond Dipping Sauce

So I took a couple of slices of Canadian bacon (cooked with sage and maple syrup), a couple of fresh pineapple spears, green pepper, mix of greens, Chinese noodles, scrambled eggs and made a couple of "breakfast rolls." For my dipping sauce, I put pineapple juice, corn starch, maple syrup, srirachi, hoisin, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Once everything was ready, I soaked the wrappers. The pics aren't, but it was really tasty.

CWS, those look and sound yummy...and also like too much work for me for breakfast. When I want to eat I WANT TO EAT!!!:yum:

I had a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Scottish oatmeal with a drizzle of honey. Wasn't quite enough so I had a slice of toasted cinnamon raisin bread.

CWS, those look and sound yummy...and also like too much work for me for breakfast. When I want to eat I WANT TO EAT!!!:yum:

I had a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Scottish oatmeal with a drizzle of honey. Wasn't quite enough so I had a slice of toasted cinnamon raisin bread.
Thanks--it really didn't take that long--about 10 minutes. I don't cook in the evening very often, so breakfast is the time I get to play in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom