What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I lined muffin tins with the remaining Cdn bacon (knew there was a reason I had a 'four top'), cooked that at 400 in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I steamed some field greens and made some Red River Valley cereal, grated some swiss cheese, chopped up some jalapeno pepper, and prepped pineapple (btw Steve Kroll, I'm loving pineapple with freshly grated pepper and white balsamic vinegar--thanks for turning me on to that for strawberries--it works great for pineapple, too). I decided to lightly poach the eggs in the microwave and finish them in the oven. That worked. Drained the liquid off the canadian bacon, put some cheese, steamed greens, egg, more greens, more cheese, jalapeno on top of the canadian bacon, popped that back in the oven for 3 minutes while I plated. Tasted great, looked lovely in the pan, I screwed up plating, but here are a couple of pics:

Attachments

• cdn_bacon_cups 014.jpg
    cdn_bacon_cups 014.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 167
  • cdn_bacon_cups 012.jpg
    cdn_bacon_cups 012.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 169
CWS, your plate looks lovely even with the broken egg. Not that runny eggs are my thing but if they float your boat enjoy!

Was going to make a baked puffed pancake - haven't tried that yet. But Himself slept in later than my stomach clock was happy with so I used some leftover ham and asparagus and made a two-egg oven omelet. Had some of the rye bread that needs to be used up anyway, so maybe it's better I didn't make the pancake.

I had Cream of Wheat with slightly sweetened strawberries. I need to cut back on my sweet breakfasts.
Have you tried fresh ground black pepper with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (I did that to the pineapple this morning only I used white wine vinegar). It works great on strawberries and, as I have discovered, is also nice on pineapple.

Have you tried fresh ground black pepper with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (I did that to the pineapple this morning only I used white wine vinegar). It works great on strawberries and, as I have discovered, is also nice on pineapple.

Yes, I love it. Ran out of my Balsamic Syrup, waiting for warmer weather so I can open up the apartment before reducing the next batch.

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Roll Ups

My daughter and I made these. Besides being super simple and her and I having fun making them, they were absolutely delicious!

My daughter and I made these. Besides being super simple and her and I having fun making them, they were absolutely delicious!

Those sound fun! Did you use bread dough or tortillas? I'm going to have to give those a try. Today's breakfast was two poached eggs, green beans, and Red River Valley cereal (1/2 c) on the side. I have a lot of work to do today and couldn't spend time playing in the kitchen this morning.

img_1258585_0_21505a072d40114268bbb41ea5fab9ce.png

Those look pretty yummy Larry! Crescent roll dough is going on my shopping list! Did you bake them the same amount of time as if they weren't filled? Longer or shorter? Do tell.;)

What I usually do is make the egg scramble in a saute pan, then lay long slices in a flour tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and either microwave to melt the cheese or wrap and refrigerate/freeze for another time. Used to make those in big batches (along with MomMuffin sandwiches and the like) so the kids could nuke and go when they had to get to school. Would even pack those in Himself's lunch bag for work. When he did have a job...:(

I had Snip's special tea...haven't eaten yet. I think I'm coming down with a cold. What I want is Greek lemon soup...don't seem to have any lemons in the house...guess I'll have refried rice with LOTS of curry, two poached eggs, beans, and a HUGE glass of warmed up tomato juice with jalepeno and garlie added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom