What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cottage cheese with some mixed fruit (from a jar because my fresh options for cottage cheese were nil) and a half multi-grain bagel. Saving the other half for when I stagger in from the garden for a cup of coffee relief break. Boy am I out of shape!

French toast and crispy BACON! Yay bacon!
I had already started frying
1/2lb of bacon when I realized there was nary an egg in the house(I used the last 3 for a cake a couple of days ago) :(. DH to the rescue....he went to the store, otherwise we would have had bacon and bacon for breakfast.....hmmm I guess that wouldn't have been so bad ;)

Yay! Breakfeast! I had eggs, homefries and Greek sausage for the first time. It was better than expected. The sausage was packed with so much flavor and carrots very unusual for my style of sausage. I would with no problem again have another serving of Greek sausage.

I have never tried greek sausage may have to give it a try sometime, is there lamb in it?

I have been having some crazy dreams on these pain meds I'm on. So, I got up early & went to wal mart for fresh fruit & donuts today.

I have never tried greek sausage may have to give it a try sometime, is there lamb in it?

I have been having some crazy dreams on these pain meds I'm on. So, I got up early & went to wal mart for fresh fruit & donuts today.

Yes, it does contain lamb.
It contains both lamb trimmings and pork shoulder. I also think some ground red pepper, minced garlic, oregano and some fennel. That's what I tasted obviously there has to be more to the tasty link. I hope you do get to try it.

Yes, it does contain lamb.
It contains both lamb trimmings and pork shoulder. I also think some ground red pepper, minced garlic, oregano and some fennel. That's what I tasted obviously there has to be more to the tasty link. I hope you do get to try it.
I wonder if it's the same meat they use in gyro's?

I think it's a blend of all 3 meats, shaved off one of those rotisserie roasts. I love gyro's with that cucumber sauce.

I did it yet again. I took a chunk of venison tenderloin and made a brine with several herbs and spices. I then sliced it into medallions and fried them up as needed, as I'm the only venison eater in my home. The meat tasted like that served in gyros. I was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Sadly, I didn't write down what it was that I put into the brine. When will I ever learn?:neutral:

Back on topic, Cherrios with honey and cinnamon, in a bowl of milk. Yum. I like a simple breakfast of cereal every now and again, as long as it's whole grain. I enjoy muesli, raisin bran, shredded wheat, cherios, etc. I won't eat those that are coated with, or include sugar as a main ingredient, you know, like Captain Crunch, Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, etc.

Have a great day.:mrgreen:
Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I did it yet again. I took a chunk of venison tenderloin and made a brine with several herbs and spices. I then sliced it into medallions and fried them up as needed, as I'm the only venison eater in my home. The meat tasted like that served in gyros. I was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Sadly, I didn't write down what it was that I put into the brine. When will I ever learn?:neutral:

Back on topic, Cheerios with honey and cinnamon, in a bowl of milk. Yum. I like a simple breakfast of cereal every now and again, as long as it's whole grain. I enjoy muesli, raisin bran, shredded wheat, cheerios, etc. I won't eat those that are coated with, or include sugar as a main ingredient, you know, like Captain Crunch, Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, etc.

Have a great day.:mrgreen:
Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I often will buy a box of Cheerios just as a snack. No milk.

I had steamed broccoli for breakfast. :angel:

A thick slice of cracked wheat bread with sliced mushrooms on top and then a thick slice of Jarlsberg cheese on top of the mushrooms. Broiled until the cheese is all melty and getting a few brown spots. Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom