What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm at my sister's and they do vanilla almond milk. I've been having a honey Cheerios type of cereal with the almond milk and a banana. Good stuff. I think I'm going to switch.

Still don't have gas for cooking as the propane company hasn't delivered the gas for the new tank, so I have to continue being creative. Last night I cooked the potatoes and bacon and sauteed the onions and green pepper for a farmer's omelet on the single induction unit we have.

This morning all I had to do was to reheat all the aforementioned ingredients, add the beaten eggs and complete the omelet. It was yummy and filling. We had toasted English muffins with assorted jellies, jams, etc., juice and coffee.

Turned out to be quite a breakfast and we probably won't need anything until early afternoon.

It's cereal weather (I want cold milk!) and I had a mix of a couple Kashi cereals. Jabbur, your breakfast will be our supper if it's raining when the kebobs should be on the grill, only I will probably use more of our leftover ham.

I did a kitchen experiment this morning. I had a tomato I needed to use up, but wanted a smoothie, so...I made a smoothie and included the tomato.

3/4 c. Strawberries (frozen)
1 small very ripe tomato
1/4 c. Almonds
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 c. Water

Blend in blender until smooth.

It was actually better than I thought it would be. It was very smooth and creamy. The strawberries covered up the tomato taste, and the tomato didn't go to waste. I only wish I had a slice of avocado to add in for the healthy fat content. ;)

Whole wheat bread with a tbs. of honey soaked into it, a half tsp. of cinnamon, and a tbs. of creamy peanut butter spread all over the top.

It tastes great, gives me protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. with the goodness of local, raw honey, and the sugar friendly cinnamon. Chase it all with a glass of milk. Yum.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Went old-school: some cottage cheese with canned peach slices with my cup(s) of tea. Had a slab of challah bread toasted, then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar to go with a cup of coffee. If I don't go to bed soon it will be time for my next breakfast! :LOL:

It is cold this morning so I made a musgoe omelet with asparagus, ham and cheddar cheese!

Makes me wish it was cold every morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Scrambled eggs with bell peppers on a carb balance tortilla, with several cups of English Breakfast tea.

For 2-
An 8 ounce loaf of home baked Italian style, sesame seeded, semolina bread.
Four ounces of thinly sliced, 2.5 year old, cured, and heavily smoked raw bacon.
One litre of sparkling water mixed with Orangina and a freshly squeezed lime.

Every time I come to this thread I feel like a poor idiot. I mean, I eat exactly the same things every morning.
I need to change that habit!!!! Maybe I could introduce some good ole healthy food, like mortadella and gorgonzola fritters... :ohmy:

Every time I come to this thread I feel like a poor idiot. I mean, I eat exactly the same things every morning.
I need to change that habit!!!! Maybe I could introduce some good ole healthy food, like mortadella and gorgonzola fritters... :ohmy:
Laying off the cafe latte might be good idea. It's healthier to just eat the pistachios in the mortadella :-p.
If you must drink caffe latte, consider having a few Nazionali sigarette as an antidote.

Last edited:
Laying off the cafe latte might be good idea. It's healthier to just eat the pistachios in the mortadella :-p.

I can't. I always have the pistachioless variety :yum:

If you must drink caffe latte, consider having a few Nazionali sigarette as an antidote.

Now, that was my old-time classic breakfast: a cup of espresso and a couple of Lucky Strikes... :neutral:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom