What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a batch of banana-pecan muffins the other day from a Cooks Illustrated recipe. They're so moist and yummy and tall! So the last two days, for breakfast I've had one muffin and two scrambled eggs with two cups of coffee and hazelnut creamer. Mmm.

Pan-steamed free-range eggs from the Farmer's Market, with maple-cured bacon and 7-grain toast. It was yummy.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• Basted Egg4.jpg
    Basted Egg4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 163
Your breakfast looks fantastic Chief! Mine was similar, but not nearly as pretty! :)

Your breakfast looks fantastic Chief! Mine was similar, but not nearly as pretty! :)

Thanks. It is so easy to make the egg. Just pre-heat your skillet, dry, over medium heat. Also heat a frying pan for the bacon. After the bacon is nearly done, pop your bread into the toaster, and transfer about a tbs. of bacon grease into your egg-pan. Swirl the grease around to coat the pan bottom. Lightly salt the pan bottom, and gently drop two eggs next to each other into the pan. Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain. Butter the toast. Season the egg tops. Add 3 tbs. water to the egg pan, and cover. Cook for 40 seconds or so. Check the eggs to make sure the whites are completely set. Arrange artistically on your plate. Take pictures, and dig in.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Pan-steamed free-range eggs from the Farmer's Market...

Those eggs look very nice! I cook Himself's eggs that way a lot. His Mom used to fry the bacon, then use the entire pan of drippings for the eggs, basting them with the grease. My heart seizes up a bit just thinking of it! When I did steamed eggs he said they were just as runny and good. My great aunt and her hubby owned a lunch counter in the '40s, and she taught me a lot of neat kitchen tricks. :)

Just a note: I used to scramble eggs for a breakfast burrito. Now I make an omelette the size of the tortilla. If you keep the omelette thin enough, when you add all of the goodies inside and fold it up it works like a charm. Circle tortilla, circle of eggs, and sausage crumbles, salsa and cheese inside. Fold it up, and you have the ultimate burrito!

Just a note: I used to scramble eggs for a breakfast burrito. Now I make an omelette the size of the tortilla. If you keep the omelette thin enough, when you add all of the goodies inside and fold it up it works like a charm. Circle tortilla, circle of eggs, and sausage crumbles, salsa and cheese inside. Fold it up, and you have the ultimate burrito!

That sounds great, thanks Chops :)

I bought a loaf of something new my usual grocery store was selling - Swiss Muesli bread. One slab toasted today...then a second slab toasted and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar (I make my own and go heavy on the cinnamon). I'm ashamed to say that between last night's "samples" and today's breakfast the loaf is coming close to being half gone! :ohmy: It is SO :yum: :yum: :yum:

Back
Top Bottom