"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #1961
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Two eggs, sunny-side up, steamed kale, fresh hashbrowns, and a glass of fresh oj.

Snip--if you juice Dr. Oz's drink, you can stir some of the pulp back in. That's what I do when I make my veggie juice--not all the pulp, but about 3/4 to 1 c of it. I find I have to cut back on the ginger--overpowering. I usually add a couple of carrots and a beet or two (I use the juicer). And, w/out a dishwasher, I probably would drop my juicer off at the thrift store (where there are usually 2 or 3, hardly used, often with the user manual). The blades on your blender might be dull...you can sharpen them.
Thanks :) I've got a brand new Kenwood blender, blades can't be dull yet. Don't have a juicer, I gave it to my brother. Must get one again when I can.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #1962
Certified Pretend Chef

Hash brown potatoes and breakfast sausage.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #1963
Sous Chef

I've been eating a dry, cinnamon raisin bagel just about every morning, but today I had peanut butter granola and some fruit. My options are limited when I usually don't crawl out of bed til 5:20 am, and only leave myself 40 min to get ready lol. Sounds like plenty of time, but for some reason it just isn't lol
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #1964
Cook

Old fashioned oatmeal (not instant) w/pecans & part of a sliced banana, dry wheatberry toast & hot tea..................it stayed with me all day..so no lunch
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #1965
Chef Extraordinaire

I am just about to have some nutra grain
Old 10-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #1966
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I've been eating a dry, cinnamon raisin bagel just about every morning, but today I had peanut butter granola and some fruit. My options are limited when I usually don't crawl out of bed til 5:20 am, and only leave myself 40 min to get ready lol. Sounds like plenty of time, but for some reason it just isn't lol
I roll out of bed at 5, you'd think 2 hours would be enough time to get ready (feed and walk the dog, check email, eat breakfast, shower, dress, and feed the chickens) but I find myself rushing to get out the door by 7. (Since Wednesday, I've been doing a few hours of prep for a local catering company 4 days / week--so far I've cut one finger...sigh, but I'm learning all kinds of cool stuff...).
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #1967
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I roll out of bed at 5, you'd think 2 hours would be enough time to get ready (feed and walk the dog, check email, eat breakfast, shower, dress, and feed the chickens) but I find myself rushing to get out the door by 7. (Since Wednesday, I've been doing a few hours of prep for a local catering company 4 days / week--so far I've cut one finger...sigh, but I'm learning all kinds of cool stuff...).
You don't have enough to do? You now work outside the home also? My point from another post exactly. Good luck and I do understand. Sounds like the kind of job I would love to have as long as I can sit down doing it. I love prep work.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #1968
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You don't have enough to do? You now work outside the home also? My point from another post exactly. Good luck and I do understand. Sounds like the kind of job I would love to have as long as I can sit down doing it. I love prep work.
I do enjoy it--I wanted to learn some things and this chef is really busy, wanted someone he didn't have to train completely, s/one who lived near by, and would not mind standing. I'm really liking the birkenstock shoes I bought a few years ago--yeah, they were $150 plus change, but really, really comfortable when one has to stand for a few hours on a concrete flour (covered with flooring, but the concrete is there). I can use the $.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #1969
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13

It's gross!
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber with peel and seeds
1 head of celery
1 tsp of ginger root
1 bunch of parsley
2 apples with skin
juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime

chop all of the above and blend till smooth.

Oprah also drinks it each morning and it's apparently great for you but I find it really thick and grassy.
I would rather make a salad with the ingredients and eat that.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #1970
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Had a glass of Dr. Oz's green drink. Thought I'd try making it. Feels like I've mowed the lawn with my teeth! He makes it with a blender but I think a juicer will make this recipe taste better. It's not for the faint hearted lol!

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt