What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked up a loaf of country French bread from a new bakery that recently opened nearby. For breakfast today, I had a slice with butter and strawberry jam and a parfait with vanilla Greek yogurt, macerated strawberries, granola and local honey.

A California Navel Orange and a Nature's Valley Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Thin.

SO went out early today and stopped at Dunkin Donuts to pick up a treat. We had donuts and coffee for breakfast this morning.

SO went out early today and stopped at Dunkin Donuts to pick up a treat. We had donuts and coffee for breakfast this morning.

That reminds me that I need to make a trip to our really close doughnut shop. They were closed for a few months for renovations. They recently reopened. If you get there around seven in the morning the line is not too long before you get in the door. You have to wait for them to come out of the fryer. I can taste the lemon ones right now. :angel:

Went with a trusty granola bar this morning. Don't really go all out unless it's Sunday morning.

Breakfast was porridge/oatmeal, as was lunch and dinner - my GERD is playing up! I ran out of meds on Friday and as yesterday was a holiday, I couldn't get my prescription until today.

Never mind, I like porridge and the GERD will have settled down in a day or two.

Memories of Stockholm today. We ate this the morning after out for a night: baked beans topped with two over-easy eggs, sausage (skipped that) but I did add 8 oz. of steamed greens (baby spinach and kale). One dumps the baked beans in a frying pan (mine did not dump well--I used some baked beans I found in the freezer--canned probably works better), tossed in some hot sauce, and then made a well in the middle and added 2 eggs, covered and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs were set). Meanwhile, steamed the greens. Yum-yum-yum.

I enjoyed a nice, quiet al fresco breakfast this morning while Mrs. K and the puppies slept in. It boggles the mind that two dogs would rather stay in bed than be outside with food around.

Breakfast was a spinach and mushroom omelet, with leftover succotash.

img_1366545_0_ea76fd5ba18f6b0cba0ac320cf792769.jpg

Steve, that plate looks so delicious. But it is way too much food for me. I wouldn't even be able to finish the omelet. :angel:

Steve, that plate looks so delicious. But it is way too much food for me. I wouldn't even be able to finish the omelet. :angel:

Well then, I guess it's a good thing it's MY breakfast, and not yours. ;)

Breakfast is often the big meal of the day for me. Lunch, when I have it, is usually a salad. And dinner is 3 oz of protein with vegetables.

I keep adding more and more to my morning scrambled eggs. This morning it was mushrooms, spinach, lentils, tomato and onion. YUMMY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom