What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sausage and hot dogs and scrapple are all made from scraps and trimmings of the pig. scrapple alone owns the name, but sausage and scrapple loaves are said to utilize every part of the pig, with the exception of its squeal.:) the flavor of these sausages and loaves largely comes from the filler (cornmeal for scrapple) and the blend of seasonings used. when a slice of scrapple is pan fried, it emerges as a crisp, crusty on the outside, somewhat spicy pork meat, with a soft, smooth interior, the consistency of a pate. a bold, but mild, soft and smooth, yet crusty, pork loaf that can be absolutely indescribably scrumptious to the palate. or not....

vitauta said:
sausage and hot dogs and scrapple are all made from scraps and trimmings of the pig. scrapple alone owns the name, but sausage and scrapple loaves are said to utilize every part of the pig, with the exception of its squeal.:) the flavor of these sausages and loaves largely comes from the filler (cornmeal for scrapple) and the blend of seasonings used. when a slice of scrapple is pan fried, it emerges as a crisp, crusty on the outside, somewhat spicy pork meat, with a soft, smooth interior, the consistency of a pate. a bold, but mild, soft and smooth, yet crusty, pork loaf that can be absolutely indescribably scrumptious to the palate. or not....

Beautiful description, Vit. I ran my post past DH, whose parents still reside in PA, and he agreed, with the addition of what he thought were bread crumbs. Your explanation of the corn meal completes it. I still won't eat it.

Not that there's anything wrong with scrapple...

Dawgluver said:
Scrapple is a loaf made from a whole bunch of odds and ends from a pig, most of which would normally be considered inedible. Kinda like Spam, only nastier. Think homemade headcheese. My inlaws are from PA, where they actually fry and eat it. Pennsylvania Dutch delicacy. Lebanon Baloney, both sweet and hot, is much preferable, but also made with indistinguishable pork parts.

I am sure it is delicious to many...

My dad is Penn. Dutch, and I grew up with all of these things around in addition to other P. D. Dishes , etc. Lebanon Bologna is a comfort food for me!! As far as scrapple goes, I leave that for others to eat.

chopper said:
My dad is Penn. Dutch, and I grew up with all of these things around in addition to other P. D. Dishes , etc. Lebanon Bologna is a comfort food for me!! As far as scrapple goes, I leave that for others to eat.

Do love, and will willingly consume, the Lebanon Bologna! DH's parents have not delivered any for awhile. :(

I, too, will leave the scrapple for anyone else. Not that there's anything wrong with scrapple...

Coffee at 3 am then coffee at 4 am and then at 5 and thinking of having more now since it's 6 am lol! I have not even noticed it's nearly breakfast time!

vitauta said:
dawg, i sure wish you'd stop saying "not that there's anything wrong with scrapple".... :)

Sorry, Vit, trying to be PC! Along with saying I probably would not eat it.

Last edited:
egg lightly scrambled
toasted english muffin
mayonnaise

dsc4490.jpg

Quaker quick oatmeal topped with raisins, brown sugar, walnuts, diced fresh strawberries, chopped fresh pineapple & skim milk. Toast w/pbj & a cup of coffee.

On weekdays I have granola that I make myself. very healthy: oats, flax, honey, nuts, dried fruit, etc. Winter time I cook it up and in summer I eat like cereal!

purple.alien.giraffe said:
Ice cream. Just a small amount. :ermm: What? Don't give me that look, it was hot and I was stressed. :LOL:

If I dared keep it in the house, it would be my breakfast too. And probably lunch.

Back
Top Bottom