"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #2471
Master Chef

I didn't eat very healthy this morning. I ate half a can of corned beef hash (I know, not nearly as good as home made. But I only had 15 mintues.) topped with two really good, steamed eggs. And yes, I ate the egg whites, and the mixed in that glorious yolk into the corned beef hash. Yum!

Man, do I ever need to make some home made corned beef, and soon. I just get hungry for corned beef hash every now and again, especially home made. Soooooo good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #2472
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like a nice hearty breakfast Chief

Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #2473
Executive Chef

i love those everything skinny bagels too, greg. i had half of one with a mug of lentil soup this morning--french roast keurig coffee before and after....
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #2474
Chef Extraordinaire

frosted mini wheats mixed with captain crunch & skim milk with decaf. coffee.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #2475
Chef Extraordinaire

I am currently having a cereal that consists of oats, sultanas, peach and clusters, lovely
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #2476
Chef Extraordinaire

Frosted mini wheats with a few crunchberry sprinkles, skim milk & decaf. coffee.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #2477
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I've never had a bagel in my life. I've only seen them a few times and I keep forgetting to buy some when I do

I had plums for breakfast and cantaloupe for lunch. There was a big sale at our grocer and someone has to eat the masses of fruit I bought
I love fruit
Figs are my favourite. I ate 47 in one sitting once. My mom picked them for me at a friends house. They were yummy but I lived on the porcelain throne for the following 3 days
When I lived in Washington, we had an Italian plum tree outside the big window in the LR. Poo would climb it and sit in it eating until he was full. He would do this ever day until he could reach no more. Of course we all know where prunes come from. We also had a pear and an apple tree. He wasn't so willing to climb them after he got stung by a wasp. But he got his fill of fruit each year.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #2478
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I lived in Washington, we had an Italian plum tree outside the big window in the LR. Poo would climb it and sit in it eating until he was full. He would do this ever day until he could reach no more. Of course we all know where prunes come from. We also had a pear and an apple tree. He wasn't so willing to climb them after he got stung by a wasp. But he got his fill of fruit each year.
Sounds like me when I was a child. I used to eat fruit out of the trees till I felt ill. Figs, lemons, plums, apricots, peaches etc. We lived on large plots and always had many fruit trees.
I was the same with veggies. When my mom asked me to chop veg I used to eat half before it reached the pots
Not sure how my mom managed to feed me, I never stopped eating!
I was very skinny though. Stick thin!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #2479
Master Chef

I had low GI soy and linseed bread with poached egg and chillies.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #2480
Master Chef

All this breakfast talk makes me wish I was a kid again, at Grandpa's house. We'd start with milk and bread with sugar, or sugar crisp, cereal, throw in half a grapefruit, and follow that either with pancakes and sausage, or 2 poached eggs (from the poaching pan with those wonderful little cups, that were coated with butter, and the eggs steamed until the whites were just set), and placed on a piece of toast.

Sometimes I'd be treated to freshly made waffles. That was my favorite. Whatever we had, my Grandmother thought I needed to eat more, as I was sooooo skinny and small in my youth. She thought there was something wrong with me. And she'd try to hide aspirin in my food, because as everybody knows, aspirin will cure anything. I'd always find it and discreetly get rid of it. Though I found it annoying, I still knew the reasons she tried to feed me that aspirin. And I loved her for loving me.

You couldn't fill me up in those days, and if I missed a meal, or the meal was late, I'd be suffering from low blood sugar by the next meal. I was so overactive that I burned up everything I ate. I grew very slow, and was two years behind my peers, until I hit about 22. It made me a big eater, which caught up with me in the long run. But it was fun while it lasted.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt